How Citi increase may work

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Mar 18, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I posted earlier about my increase and I think I have figured out how this works in "most" cases. Last time I asked for increase on my Platinum account had for over a year, it directed me to a screen where I had to input what amount I wanted, banking info and annual income then I received word by email 2 hours later I was denied. This time as soon as I hit credit line request it took me directly to another screen congratulating me on my increase, i had 3 options, accept, not accept or lower my limit. I honestly think this is a somewhat preapproved increase. My friend last night went and requested an increase, her card was almost a year old, she was directed to the screen where she had to put in all her info like I did previously, result denial about 3 hours later. So I know most of us got the original AA series cards most around the same time. Just thought this might interest some of you, I really think if they asked for all your information that there is a good chance of possibly being denied and if your are eligible you will get instant increases.

2. Saar

Saar Banned

That's also exactly how Amex does it. If you apply, you either get an instant increase for which you're pre-approved (no questions asked), or - if one isn't availale - asked to give employment info + hard inquiry and then get a manual decision within a few business days.

Saar

3. other me

other me Guest

I just tried it earlier this week. It was instant allright. It did not ask me for any questions. If just automatically popped up with a denial, and listed the CRA (I don't remember which CRA)

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Saar

Thanks Saar, now I know Amex does this as well, good info for future references I hope:) But I think when I am eligible to try on my gold card, I will hesitate if it's not automatic and may wait til it is. And yes with the instant increase no hard inquiry.

5. Donnie

Donnie Guest

Re: Saar

They are do that.

6. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Hi,

December 2000 I clicked credit line increase and it lead me to put all the information such as bank acccount#, Job and amount I want to increase. Then I put 3500 then I got instant screen telling me that they approved me for 2000 for the rest the will notify me by mail.

5 days later I got the mail telling me that I have been approved for the rest $1500. And they pulled hard inquiry on me (TransUnion)