how close is myfico.com to mortgage

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hideous, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Hideous

Hideous Member

how close is myfico.com to mortgage company scores ?

how close is myfico.com to mortgage company scores ?

just curious, i had dredit pulled 2 weeks ago and my wifes exp was 611 nowafter getting her judgement and 3 collections off record i pulled thru my fico and it dropped 8 points doesn't make sence

2. dmplz618

dmplz618 Well-Known Member

I would like to know the answer to this question myself.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RNG

You were getting BONUS points for the age of the accounts...

IT IS LIKE THIS...(EXAMPLE)---->JUDGEMENT/COLLECTION -10...AGE +12...SO YOU GET +2 POINTS FOR THE ACCOUNT SO YOU LOST 8 POINTS BECAUSE YOU LOST THE "AGE"

YMMV

You want to know what does not make sense...try paying off $30,000 in credit card debt in one month and take a big "HIT" for it!!!

4. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

I get my scores through www.myfico.com and I pulled one a few days before I went to apply for a refi auto loan. Went up to the credit union and they managed to pull the same score as the website. I'd say it's pretty accurate.

5. DemPooches

DemPooches Well-Known Member

The 3 myfico scores were EXACTLY what the mortgage company got on the tri-merge.

Interestingly, the FICO EXP was 80 points lower than the Credit Expert EXP.

I do know that some creditors get the same EXP as Credit Expert shows. I've verified this with some of the analysts. I don't have a clue as to how to know which EXP score any given creditor will get.

DemPooches

6. Amy B

Amy B Well-Known Member

I'd say it's pretty accurate to what banks have pulled for me.
    A credit card lender CAN pull something different. I had a high 690s at myfico.com and "supposedly" RNB pulled much lower. She said they pull a custom "credit card score."
    My exp fake has always been way lower, who pulled the same for you?

7. klingsor

klingsor Well-Known Member

Your myfico.com score is your FICO score and the score that lenders will see. If there are discrepancies it's because additional information entered your file from the time when you checked and when the lender pulled your credit. For example, the balance on one of your accounts may have been updated.