How did this happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by angeliceye, Aug 6, 2013.

1. angeliceye

angeliceye New Member

Okay maybe some one can help me with this, I was looking over my credit report from Equifax and I see that it was updated from a dispute. Ok I don't really remember if I put in a dispute online before I found CB but it could have happened. So I go to Equifax web site click on disputes, it gives me 2 choices either start a new dispute or see progress of current disputes. I go to previous disputes and it tells me I started a dispute 08/02/13 which the estimated time it will be finished is 08/06/13. What is going on I didn't start a dispute on line. It has a dispute number and everything. Another one says I did a dispute on 7/29/13 and it was finished on 8/1/13 and mailed to me. the last one said I did a dispute on 6/12/13 it was completed on 6/12/13 and mailed to me. I never received anything in the mail. I have never mailed in a dispute accept the address correction is that what they are talking about?

This is a problem because I have had old address deleted and I was just waiting for 60 days from the last dispute to continue. But now I don't know what to do.

2. mindcrime

mindcrime Well-Known Member

Those all sound like personal information type disputes. They usually are completed within a few days to a week.

When looking at your latest report, is the address correct (yours?) Anything out of the ordinary (phone number, extra socials, name variations, etc).

You don't need to wait 60 days from any dispute to file another dispute, FYI.

3. angeliceye

angeliceye New Member

Thank you Mind crime that is exactly what it must be. I did a address dispute, I was worried for a minute. Also I read that you have to wait 60 days or the disputes would become merged together.

YOU ROCK!!!

4. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

You can do as many separate disputes as you want.

The only thing that the law says, if you send a dispute today, and you send clarifying documentation, next week, they get a 15 day bonus; giving them 45 days to respond.