How do CRA verify?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jane, May 14, 2004.

1. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

: How do CRA veri

1*What address does it show for the Company?
    2*Is it the same as your home address?
    3*Is your husband an owner partner or principal of the company or in any other way have an interest in the company?

2. jane

jane Well-Known Member

Re: : How do CRA veri

Nope, he's just the onsite prop mgr. We live here because it is part of his job. But he has no interest in the company other than as a employee.

Jane

3. lbrown59

1*And I'm hoping getting this judgment off helps more than just a few little points.
    2*I will be damned if I am going to suffer with this on H credit for the next 5 years. It's bad enough it's been there 18 months already and we had no idea.
    3* What I have and had before the supervisor sent it to me again is the JUDGMENT AND NOTICE OF ENTRY OF JUDGMENT.
    Jane
    ==============
    1*How much has this judgment cost you al ready in jacked insurance premiums and jacked interest rates?
    2*I hate to tell you this but if you don't get this removed it will be on his Report(s) for the next 8 YEARS not 5.
    Judgments report for 10 years
    3*This is good but you also need to get a copy of the summons.
    Never read the fine print. There ain't no way you're going to like it.

4. lbrown59

Got this off yet?

5. jane

jane Well-Known Member

When this nightmare started I disputed with the CRA sure that it would be deleted. When it came back verified I got very pissed very quick. I spoke to the small claims supervisor over a month ago. She sent a copy of judgemsent w/ court stamp on it. Didn't really help me since they didn't state it wasn't my husbands in writing. Its just a copy w/ their court stamp. So I disputed again with all three CRA's. I just disputed this with TU on 5/26 and today they tell me it came back verified. So now, I'm ready to blow Im so frigging pissed. Again, I called the court today and again the case is pulled up, no they tell me, it's not your husband's judgement. TU said the court is the one verifying, the court said no it's not us. I had to berate the TU clerk to get her to admit that it was really Lexus/Nexus that had verified it. I am so mad I just don't know what to do about this situation. Just had to vent.

Thanks for letting me,

Jane

6. lbrown59

7. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Jane:

You will probably have to send the dispute C/O the Better Business Bureaus of all the CRA's.

TU = Chicago
    EX = Orange, CA
    EQ = Atlanta

Did what the court provided include the *NAME* of the defendant as DH's BOSS (and not his name)?

Make it short & sweet, something along the lines of.

Your company is *NOT* correctly verifying that this is not DH's public record entry.

Your company is *NOT* properly investigating this as required by law.

Your company's actions is causing undue agravation, and defaming DH's name.

As anyone who is capable of reading the English language can clearly see, by looking at the actual court records, as certified by the court, DH WAS NOT THE DEFENDANT, HIS EMPLOYER WAS.

And all *I* had to do to get these papers from the court, was to do your companies job, and ASK THEM FOR THEM!

Failure to immediately delete said erroneous public record entry, will result in (are you ready to sue, will you complain to their state AG's office, something to add a little bit of teeth to the complaint?)

You may want to tone down the next to the last two paragraphs, since they would probably be condecending, however since you had to berate them to just admit that it wasn't actually the court who verified the information, that may actually work. :)

You may also want to pull up the information on Lexis/Nexis, and send them a BBB complaint as well. Chances are they are also the people who are verifying it with the other two as well.

8. lbrown59

Re: Re: How do CRA verify?

Who is Lexis/Nexis ?

9. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Lexis/Nexis is the big legal conglomerate and repository for court records, they're the site which has all the official legal case citations which go so nicely in letters to scare the bejezzus out of the CRA's and CA's... :)

Just referring to Johnson v. MBNA as Johnson v. MBNA is ok, but referring to it as "JOHNSON v. MBNA AMERICA BANK, NA 357 F.3d 426, *; 2004 U.S. App. LEXIS 2244, **" catches their eye.

http://www.lexisnexis.com/

Lexis/Nexis is a division of Reed Elsevier Inc.

LEXIS-NEXIS
    (REED ELSEVIER, INC.)
    9443 Springboro Pk. Bldg. IV
    MIAMISBURG, OH

10. lbrown59

Are they sccountable for what they report?
    If so how?

11. lbrown59

Are they accountable for what they report?
    If so how?

12. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

By TU's admission, it was they, and not the court house which was the data furnisher. So, they should be as accountable as any data furnisher is under the FCRA.

13. lbrown59

Re: Re: Re: How do CRA verify?

It seems obvious then that Lexis/Nexis is reporting inaccurate information to the CRA. Wouldn't you agree. ><- <>- ><- <> ~~~ ><- <>- ><- <> ><- <>- ><- <> ~~~ ><- <>- ><- <>Never read the fine print. There ain't no way you're going to like it.

14. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: How do CRA verify?

Which is why I suggested sending the dispute to any CRA which doesn't delete it after this go round, *AND* to Lexis/Nexis directly, but via the BBB, as an independent third-party.

If the BBB can clearly see that the DEFENDANT on the court records was not DH, then L/N will be hard-pressed to dispute it.

Also, L/N could be acting as an agent of the CRA, (or both an agent of the CRA, and a DF) as well, but no matter which one they are, they have a liability under the FCRA for failure to properly investigate the dispute.

This would be a case where you would list liability under the FCRA for both the CRA, and DF and let the judge sort out which one, or both they are.

15. lbrown59

Click here: CREDITNET | Straight Talk | | How do CRA verify?
    ==============
    Any resolution on this yet ????