how do i dispute lates..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by geekpipe, Mar 29, 2001.

1. geekpipe

geekpipe Well-Known Member

hi,

I disputed lates with capital one on TU. Lady told me they came back verified. can I go any further? Does someone have a sample dispute letter for lates for them to verify?

2. Shell

Shell Guest

Were you truly late?? If so this is kinda hard to dispute, most times people have gotten results going to the source and asking them to remove. How many times were you late and are you basically a good customer??

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: how do i dispute lates..========================
    ===============================
    DEMANND documentation of when,why and how payment was due,How much was due & when they allege
    that it was paid:

4. Shell

Shell Guest

Author: lb (---.proxy.aol.com)
    Date: 03-30-01 07:36

DEMANND documentation of when,why and how payment was due,How much was due & when they allege
    that it was paid:

Were you truly late and how long ago was this?? Are you a good customer? I think the above advice is wrong. It is one thing to play hardball with collections charge offs but lates?? The most common ways for getting late off are usually through the creditor, sometimes if you ask them they may just remove it. If you were late they do have documentation on their tapes of your accounts.

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: how do i dispute lates..
    Author: Shell (---.proxy.aol.com)
    Date: 03-30-01 07:44

Author: lb (---.proxy.aol.com)
    Date: 03-30-01 07:36

that it was paid:

Were you truly late and how long ago was this?? Are you a good customer? I think the above advice is wrong. It is one thing to play hardball with collections charge offs but lates?? The most common ways for getting late off are usually through the creditor, sometimes if you ask them they may just remove it.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
    If you were late they do have documentation on their tapes of your accounts.========================================
    ====================================================
    Reply To Message ==If they do then they owe it to you to show proof that their claim of being late is correct!!!!!
    Also the documentation could contain errors :