How do I get a removal

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Carrie, Apr 23, 2001.

1. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

I have neg from a mastercard that I paid off in the fall of last year. It had been opened for about 10 years. The pay history sucks:
    Account History:
    60 days as of 12-1999, 6-1999
    30 days as of 6-2000, 11-1999, 9-1999, 5-1999, 11-1995, 9-1995

How would I go about getting it off my record, or having it put into the positive section. It was only a 500. limited and that limit was never increased over the 11 years so I'm thinking that it might be to my benifit to just try to get it removed completely. I know that the bank sold out to a different bank (ABF) or something like that. Would I be best off to say this is not mine or say please validate this account???

Thanks so much.......I know I have asked this before but I am new at this and want to do things right. A little cleaning up will help me get a home improvement loan.

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

In the past, I've disputed accounts as never late. TU has always erased the lates and kept the accounts. However, Equifax and Experian both deleted the accounts. One was an active account. The other was a closed account.

Just my experience,
    Kelly

3. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

I may have jumped the gun here! I called Experian this morning and told her that my account was closed by me and that I was never late. She said she would investigate. This afternoon I got my Equifax and Transunion both are reporting Account closed by consumer paid as agreed. Should I call her back and tell her that these are being reported as a possitive?? I would rather have it as a possitive the deleted. Maybe I should just leave well enough aloe. My report looked much better then I had thought!

4. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Is it still showing the late payments in account history on the reports. If so, then you did fine. That is still negative and will trigger denials.

Kelly