How do I get account #s?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by trish6103, Sep 27, 2003.

1. trish6103

trish6103 Well-Known Member

All of my credit reports have the last few numbers of the acct # starred out. How do I get the account # so I can include it in the validation/dispute letters? I know this sounds silly, but I am a newbie, so please humor me??

2. gmaof1

gmaof1 Well-Known Member

When disputing to the CRA, I used the #'s that were listed. If the account number read 342XXX, then that is the # I put on the validation/dispute request. I have had no problems with this.

3. connorw

connorw Well-Known Member

I've checked the other CRs from the other CRAs and for mine they were all the same account number. I suppose you could use the number off of the other reports or just leave the last 4 X'ed out. I usually leave em.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

"IF" THE CRA HAS 4425-7589-4444-XXXX
    USE THAT...

You don't need to give them the WHOLE ACCOUNT NUMBER!!!

The account number is only shortened when they PRINT "YOUR" CREDIT REPORT...they "SEE" the whole number...there is no reason to use -4444-XXXX it in their computer...

5. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Remember, they XXXX for our conveinience...

So let them complain when we can't give them the last four digits of the account #...

I had one company which virtually everytime they reported the tradeline, created different account numbers at the end of the actual account number... Experian actually forbade me from disputing them as identical, even though a trained monkey could have seen that they were the same account, because of the variation in the account numbers.

The CRAs will always find something to complain about, if its not because we can't give them complete account numbers because they won't show us the complete account numbers, it'll be something else... ;)

Do I sound cynical? :)

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

U don't need them just what is on the report will do.

7. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

The TU report has the full account number

8. trish6103

trish6103 Well-Known Member

Geo, my TU has the last 1-4 digits starred out.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: How do I get account #s?

SOME of my TRANS UNION accounts list the WHOLE NUMBER...some don't

10. moneyelf

moneyelf Well-Known Member

Re: Re: How do I get account #s?

Near newbie here and I asked the same question not to long ago. Here's the thing (as stated above by another poster) if you have the whole account number and you let them know it they can use that against you. Just use the number exactly as they have it in your report, whole or not. I even went so far as to state in my own disputes '...as your agency list as account number 1234xxx. Not mine."