how do i reestablish

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Bankrupt-, Mar 29, 2001.

1. Bankrupt-

Bankrupt- Guest

I am filing chapter 7, among my creditors getting discharged is Providian, and FCNB. I have a cap 1 card which I am keeping, a 300 limit, 49 deposit, zero balance...where can I go to get reestablished after ch7? Who will take a chance with me in a few years? I am discharging prov (6000) and FCNB (2000) ? Help.

PS, I tried to work with Providian, they basically told me to include the debt, they werent interested in dealing with me if I was going ch7. I even agree to reaffirm, they declined!

2. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

My old charged off and settled accounts were from citi, fcnb,and first usa.etc. That pretty much limits my options in trying to get a decent credit card now. Im stuck with with the dregs, first premier(god they suck), capone, etc. Upon reflection I should have gotten a second job and paid them on time. Or at least in full as opposed to settling. In any event maybe you should reconsider chap 7 and try to increase your income enough to pay these guys off. Thats certainly preferable to spending the next ten years disputing credit reports. Believe that aint no fun.

3. Bankrupt-

Bankrupt- Guest

Well i'm 26, have almost 70k in credit card debt...and make 13 dollars an hour, settling is no option for me...especially when I want to buy a house in 2 years.

I know i screwed up, but I need a second chance!

4. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

That's a lot of debt at 26 with no house. I don't want to be discouraging, but it's not really realiztic to think you'll be able to buy a house in 2 years. Especially at a decent rate without a HUGE downpayment. In any case, good luck man!

5. Shell

Shell Guest

Not to offend but 70K in debt and you want to know how to get credit after you file BK. I think you need to learn how you got in this far and learn to budget yourself for a while before even thinking about what credit you can get after BK. Also like the other poster mentione house in 2 years is a far stretch unless you are willing to put major $$$$ down.

6. MistyEyed

MistyEyed Well-Known Member

If you file BK it will be next to impossible to get a house within 2 years. And if you do, well I wouldnt even want to see what your interest rate would be like. Banks wouldnt even look at me until my 5th years in a Chap 13.

Misty

7. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

here's how

First, yes, $70,000 is a lot of debt, but who knows how it happened. Student loans? Medical bills? A lot of us have been there and learned from it.

Re-establishing will be harder because FCNB and Providian were included. But it's not impossible. Besides CapOne, do you have any other active cards with a zero balance (or even a low balance you could paid off without committing BK fraud)?

Afterwards, you might be able to get a secured Orchand Visa or MC. That will give you two bankcard tradelines.

Are you a credit union member? If so, your CU might offer secured bankcards or even a secured installment loan. My credit union just gave me a 12-month fully secured installment loan, and it didn't even pull a credit report. The payments are automatically deducted from my share draft (i.e., checking) account, and it reports to all 3 CRAs.

If you are perfect in your post-BK life -- no lates, overlimits or other negs at all -- you should be able to qualify for an FHA load in 2 years. Good luck.

8. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

here's how

First, yes, $70,000 is a lot of debt, but who knows how it happened. Student loans? Medical bills? A lot of us have been there and learned from it.

Re-establishing will be harder because FCNB and Providian were included. But it's not impossible. Besides CapOne, do you have any other active cards with a zero balance (or even a low balance you could paid off without committing BK fraud)?

Afterwards, you might be able to get a secured Orchand Visa or MC. That will give you two bankcard tradelines.

Are you a credit union member? If so, your CU might offer secured bankcards or even a secured installment loan. My credit union just gave me a 12-month fully secured installment loan, and it didn't even pull a credit report. The payments are automatically deducted from my share draft (i.e., checking) account, and it reports to all 3 CRAs.

If you are perfect in your post-BK life -- no lates, overlimits or other negs at all -- you should be able to qualify for an FHA load in 2 years. Good luck.

9. TASHA

TASHA Guest

Re: here's how

Shyguy,

What exactly is a secured line of credit I see that my CU offers that??