How do I use a credit card???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by psycho man, Jan 8, 2001.

1. psycho man

psycho man Guest

How do U use credit cards. I just stole one, and I don't know how to use it. Just kidding . . . actually, I want to know how exactly to use a CC to use it for a report.

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

RE: How do I use a credit card

You can use a credit card in an ATM machine for cash advances. This is considered the most enjoyable, but also the most dangerous, form of credit card use.

I give the details because I actually didn't know how to do this until last year. Look for the logo of your card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, etc.) at the ATM. If you find that it matches your card, insert the card in the ATM.

Then enter the 4-digit PIN number supplied by the issuing bank shortly after you received the credit card. Push "withdrawal," since there is no "cash advance" button. Then push "from credit," or something similar. Enter an amount that is a multiple of $20, but not in excess of the daily cash advance limit, which varies from card to card. Again, the issuing bank will inform you of this limit, which is typically $100 to $200.

Now take the cash from the ATM, and don't forget to take your credit card with you. Yes, credit cards are reusable. This is why so many people use them to excess and incur debts they can never pay off. Wait for your monthly statement to come in the mail. Notice both the ATM fee, from the bank owning the ATM, and the cash advance fee, from your own bank. Then make a monthly payment of 2% or 3% of your balance, and plan on doing so for the rest of your life.

That is how you use a credit card. Enjoy!

3. river

river Well-Known Member

Hey psycho man,Richguy just wrote your report for you. Turn it in and I bet you,you'll get an A+. It's worth a try!!!!!!!!!

4. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Rich Guy,

Thanks for the laugh! My keyboard was almost Diet-Coke-ized because of your post. ;-)

Cheers,
    Cindy