How do you establish credit?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Elizabeth, Jan 4, 2001.

1. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

i want to establish credit but no one will give me credit without already haveing credit can i get someone to give me credit?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: How do you establish credi

Honey, you have to start out with a secured credit card when you have no credit or bad credit. A good choice would be Capital one secured (low deposits required) or First Consumers National Bank.

roni

3. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

or macy's try them first they are easy to get

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. right. That's why they turned me down COLD.

roni

5. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

That's surprizing..
    I had a tone of inquires no credit at the time I applied .. Any they gave me a card . true it was 100 . but it was amazing considering no one at the time gave me anything ! Don't know about negative credit.. Elizabeths post stated that she had no credit.

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yes your best bet would be a secured card, and Target is also easy to get as well.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

They will probably give her one. I have negatives of course and they wont touch me. $100 is their standard.

roni

8. Michael

Michael Guest

Target/Mervyn's requires 1-2 trade lines with 6 months on them!

Actually Mobil and Exxon are the easiest, but they too require at least 1 trade line for 4 months.

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Macy's is easy to get. Make sure your residency is stable (1+ Years) Job is stable (1+ Years), and your telephone # is listed in the phone book, yes they will check, and maybe even call and ask for you.

Expect $100-$200 credit limit. They will bump this to $500 in 3-4 months if you ask.

Otherwise. Capital One will very likely approve you for $99 for $500 mastercard. Go apply to capitalone.com secured program, before you go to macy's. There's a very good reason for doing that.

10. Myers

Myers Guest

It pisses me off that some creditors expect my number in the phone book. Why can't they just call?

11. Ply

Ply Guest

Capital One

I had paid charge off with Capital One before. Is it possible to apply with them again??

12. Desmond

Desmond Guest

RE: Capital One

I have a 3 year charge off with them in 2000 I applied online and they sent me a letter stating that I have a charge off with them am I will not be able to get their carf.