How do you view disputes at Equifax

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by john, May 1, 2001.

1. john

john Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I was wondering how you view items that are currently in dispute at Equifax. I disputed a few items last week using their online dispute system and have seen in previous posts on this board that you can view these items, but I don't recall seeing how to view these items online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
    John

2. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I dispute a few things last month on Equifax's online site. From what I understand the results are mailed to you and not displayed.

Best regards,
    Sam

3. john

john Well-Known Member

Thanks for your response Sam...guess I will have to be patient and wait.

4. Kat

Kat Well-Known Member

If you disputed for removal of accounts such as "not mine" you can see if they are gone by initiating a new investigation online. When the options come up to choose how to investigate you will see if they are gone from the list of items on your report. Does that make sense?

5. john

john Well-Known Member

Yup that makes sense..but I have any "not mine" disputes..bummer.

But my next dispute will be a "not mine" dispute so I will keep this in mind for this dispute. I am just waiting to get the reults of my current dispute before submitting my next one.

John.

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

If you start an investigation online they will give you a new confirmation number, you then can check your status by using the new number, it is not complete you will see the estimated completion time, however if it's done you will see the list of your accounts and if it isn't there it worked and if it is there it didn't. However if you intiate a new investigation as Kat mentioned, you won't see those items listed because they are already being disputed, so please don't confuse this with them being gone they won't be seen for a new investigation

7. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Mom,

I have tried using my new confirmation number, but it just says it's unable to start a new investigation. It doesn't show me the results of the investigation.

Am I doing something wrong?

8. Kat

Kat Well-Known Member

I have tried using my new confirmation number, but it just says it's unable to start a new investigation. It doesn't show me the results of the investigation.

This is what has always happened to me. I have never been able to see a current investigation and start a new one at the same time.

9. the other

I don't want to start a new investigation. I want to view the results of my prior investigation. (The one associated with the confirmation number I entered)

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Other me,

I used to check my disputes like this alot, but since this past Friday it won't seem to let me, I don't think you are doing anything wrong, I think it is something to do with Equifax and their website.

11. the other

Thanks Mom!

I'll try again sometime..

12. hurricane5

hurricane5 Well-Known Member

How's this one for weird...BTW, isn't there a 30 day dispute window for CRAs to verify info? I started an online dispute for my wife's report on 3/30/01 and waited for the results to come back..They gave me a start date of 3/30/01 and an estimated completion date of 4/30/01...I checked the dispute page about once a week since then, and nothing had changed. Yesterday, I go to check (because it was the 4/30) expecting to see some "results", instead I saw that they changed the "start date" for the investingation to 4/27/01 -- the end date remained 4/30/01??? what is that about?? So anyway, I decided to pull another CR for my wife (my first on was free, because I live in one of those states that give you 1 per year free), paid the $8.50, and got a new report. Everything that I had disputed had a notation that it was being disputed by the consumer...now here's the kicker -- I called the investigations dept. last night at 7:58pm and got cut off, so I called back at 8:01pm and got a recording that the dept was closed and call back between 8 and 8...ok, today I call at 7:20 and I get a recording that the dept was closed, please call back between 9 and 5...(maybe they have caller ID???) :)

Anyway, how should I proceed at this point? ideas???