How does Credit Expert Know..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by FeliceRodo, Jul 16, 2001.

1. FeliceRodo

FeliceRodo Well-Known Member

My score went up 7 points today after I made a $900 payment to one of my credit cards, which posted yesterday. My credit card companies tell me they all report on the last day of the month.

What gives here? Threads...help?

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

You can always look at the credit report the score is based upon. Did you see any differences? I'm a little bit of a freak, but I've been saving a copy of my report from day to day if there have been any changes so I can compare.

3. FeliceRodo

FeliceRodo Well-Known Member

DaveLV,

Credit Expert says tonight my credit card debt went down (about $1500). I pulled my CE credit report but no new figures are reporting.

So how does Experian/CE know? Seriously, without trying to be overdramatic, is this Big Brother in action?

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

If I were you I'd look closer. Someone had to report something. I've never seen Credit Expert pull figures like that out of thin air.

Maybe try looking at your report again tomorrow. Go to the printer version and look closely at the last reporting date for things with a "7" in front of them.

Of course it could be a glitch.

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Isn't creditexpert owned and operated by one of the big three?

Seems to me that I looked at that website and I think I saw where it is owned by Equifax or Experian, one or the other.

In that case, that's how they know.