How Does This Sound?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lbowman, Oct 18, 2001.

1. lbowman

lbowman Well-Known Member

This is the letter I plan to send to TransUnion regarding an account they supposedly updated but didn't. Advice is needed. I'm sending it out today. Thanks.

TransUnion
    PO Box 2000
    Chester PA 19022-2000

October 18, 2001

Dear Sir/Madame:

This letter is a formal request for the description of the procedures used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the disputed information, including the business name, address, and telephone number of any furnisher of information contacted in connection with this reinvestigation.

For your benefit, and as a gesture of my goodwill, I will restate the relevant dispute:

Cross Country Bank, Account #

As already stated, the listed item is inaccurate and incomplete, and is a very serious error in reporting. In your previous update to me, you indicated that this account had updated information. I am enclosing a copy of my original report as well as the â??updatedâ? copy. As you will see, there is no update whatsoever. This proves that this account was not verified and you violated the law. I am disappointed that you have failed to maintain reasonable procedures to assure complete accuracy in the information you publish, and insist you comply with the law by providing the requested information within the 15 days allowed or delete this account in itâ??s entirety.

Thank you.

2. lbowman

anyone????????????

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

I think it sounds good. I don't spot any problems.

Dani

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Nice job... print that sucker and mail it!

5. lbowman

Will do. Thanks for the advice.

6. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

The only thing that I would do, is white-out or black-out the tradelines on your report that do not pertain to CCB. Then Mail IT!!!

7. lbowman

Good idea, Erica. I'll do that.

8. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I would not send them the one you blacked out but make a copy of it and send that instead as some times the items blacked out can be seen through the black out or can be read when you hold the paper up to the light!

9. lbowman

I would not send them the one you blacked out but make a copy of it and send that instead as some times the items blacked out can be seen through the black out or can be read when you hold the paper up to the light!
    I noticed this while marking over the info and did just as you've suggested. Thanks for the advice, though.