How easy is Citibank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by steve, Jan 22, 2001.

1. steve

steve Well-Known Member

How easy is Citibank to get a unsecured card?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

How is your credit Steve?? A few months back they were giving credit to people with less than perfect history, but it seems just recently they have not been. Just curious what your credit is like, many here have gotten the cards and you may be able to compare your histories.

Mom

3. Rita

Rita Guest

When I applied for a MC I was denied. My credit was pretty bad Collections, chargeoffs, and a judgement. So what I did is I requested a copy of my TU report and saw what they were looking at. Called citibank and spoke with a Rep that told me that the collections and charge offs needed to have $0 balance. Because I had reestablished for 2 years I faxed Citibank a new copy of my CR and wrote a little letter stating that I have been working hard to re-establish and that I deserve a chance with Citibank. I thought that probably sounded corny, but hey it worked. I called back 2 weeks before christmas and they said that they reconsidered my application due to my letter and gave me $2k limit. They are true Customer Service people in my eyes.

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

WHAT???? REALLY??????

O.k. so let me get this straight....you stated that collections and chargeoffs should be -0- balance. What about the judgment????

5. Rita

Rita Guest

I'm totally being honest, they overlooked it. If you've read my posts about junum I just recently got that judgement removed in Jan. And my citibank MC was opened in Dec. My scores then were in the low 500's. Trust me I was just as shocked as you were!

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Overlooked a Judgment? Wow...someone at Citibank must of been REAL TIPSY that day! I've been w/ Citibank for 9 years and they NEVER overlook anything!

7. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

I have a bk from 1994 and they dissaproved me.

8. Rita

Rita Guest

Yeah, I think Bk's are a totally different ball park.

9. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Credit is no where near perfect if you look at my post a few below this one I just paid off all COffs and collections today. Want to wait a month or two then apply for a prime some where. Already got Cap 1, got two of them really.

10. Saar

Saar Banned

Momof3 wrote:
    "A few months back they were giving credit to people with less than perfect history, but it seems just recently they have not been."

Mom, why would you think that?

Saar

11. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

Everyone of my negs are paid, and they are over a year old. 1 good trade line for 3 years, one for a year, and a couple for six months, with a 625 rating and they denied me in late Nov I think.

12. Rita

Rita Guest

The thing with Citibank, is that if you've had credit problems in the past, they want to see a few established tradelines in good standing. When I applied I had chargeoffs and collections and a judgement from 1994-1995, but I did have 1 car loan open for 12 most no lates 1 paid car loan in 99 carson pirie scott account no lates, personal loan paid off in 99, bally's total fitness never late, fnb open 9 mos never late. So for the past 2 years I have been perfect and that's what I wrote to them after I was denied so I think they reevaluated my app on that.

13. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well I had encouraged some people to apply, seems they all fit the general crowd most had similiar credit as fellow posters 4 out of five were denied, including my hubby who got the silver no problem, but denied gold.

Mom