How important?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mindylou, Jul 21, 2001.

1. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

hello board. Could someone tell mel how important is it to have a department store card, with credit cards? This is my mix 3 credit cards cap1 gold mc 1800cl, cap1 classic visa 1800cl, AA citi card 6000cl, Kays Jewelers 1100, Ford Credit car loan. hoping to get home loan next year need to get credit score up is now 640. Thanks everyone for all your help.

mindy

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SUPPOSEDLY IT IS SUPPOSED TO HELP...but I have no INSTALLMENT LOAN except a MORTGAGE...they (EQUIFAX) said I need to apply for one, but it MAY not be worth the inquiry...

So, I get an inquiry for an installment loan...lose more points than I gain for having it in the MIX???

3. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Mindylou,important to what? Ten point's on your F.I.C.O score is not going to make or break you.

4. sph88

sph88 Well-Known Member

The Kay Jewlers card is already considered a retail card.

5. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

Be very careful with store cards. Some of them are reported as finance company accounts to CRAs. Make sure that the store cards you apply for are issued by banks and not finance companies.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

is WFFNB a finance co or bank???? I have my VS card from there. And how about RNB....who issues the target card.....yikes!

7. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Roni,

WFFNB is considered a bank and is considered a tier 1. So no harm done.

Dani