How long before removal takes place?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by juice, Sep 14, 2011.

1. juice

juice Well-Known Member

Transunion is reporting a Capital one CC delinquency erroneously. I called capital one to request removal and resubmit to CRA to have it removed and they said it could take up to 60 days. Problem is I am considering making a purchase and I need it updated ASAP. Will it really take 60 days? Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? If I ask capital one to fax something to me proving they requested deletion, will they and will it help?

2. Heather L

Heather L Well-Known Member

I am not sure you will be able to request the removal of the delinquency sooner. But you could find out when you Capital One card reports and that should give you a better idea of when the Capital One will send the updated information to the credit bureaus. If you pull your credit on the truecredit.com website and look at the additional information for that Capital One account it will tell you the specific day of the month that your account reports. You can do a trial period for one dollar, but you will only be able to see your TU report, and if you don't want to continue to pay $15 for their monthly service then you must call and cancel. Otherwise you could review all three bureaus for $15. I hope this helps. Heather with BoostMyScore.NET