How long do inquiries stay?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Seth, Mar 29, 2000.

1. Seth

Seth Guest

Does anyone know how long an inquiry will stay on your credit report?

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

RE: How long do inquiries stay

The ones you initiate by completing applications for credit will remain on your report for 2 years.

3. Caroline

Caroline Guest

i have over 30 inquiries on my credit report. i know they stay for 2 years. can i call up the credit companies and say they werent my inquires so this way they will take them off? i keep getting turned down for credit because of these inquiries and need a bank loan

4. Credit Ran

Credit Ran Guest

Do it with this caveat. If you state you did not apply to these creditors to make these inquiries you may open a worse can of worms. Trans Union may put your file on a "Fraud Alert" status. If the lower FICO scores were a problem try applying for credit with a Fraud Alert. (Godfather voice) Maybe these inquiries are over 2 years old and should go off the records and I would phrase the dispute accordingly.

Good luck C.R.

5. Caroline

Caroline Guest

no, i really did these inquiries to get credit cards. i got 9 of them but applied to like over 50 to get them. but now i need a bank loan desparately. i only need 3,500. is there a bank that will ignore inquiries?

6. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

If you have gotten 9 credit cards in the past two years and now 'desperately' need a bank loan, it sounds like you are in trouble.

This is exactly what any potential creditor is going to think when they review your credit history and they will act accordingly to protect their own interests.

You might be able to dispute some of the older inquiries directly with the creditor who did not extend you credit as they may no longer have an on-line record of your application.

If you dispute inquiries directly with the CRA, you will run into a brick wall and they will tell you to deal with the organization that made the inquiry.

7. Laura

Laura Guest

Caroline,

Inquires can technically stay indefinately.They are supposed to stay up to 2 years.This is the first day I have looked at this site and I must say,it seems alot of people are in the same boat as you.I was.I can tell you how I fixed my credit cheaply and easily.e-maul me direct -laura949@hotmail.com

8. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Laura, you sound as though you're soliciting people to engage in fraudelent activity. You can repair your credit without paying a dime to anyone except the companies you OWE.

9. Laura

Laura Guest

Let me set you strait...There is a thing called the 'Fair Credit Reporting Act' that has been a Federal law for about 30 years.Under this law, credit reporting agencies must go through MULTIPLE steps of verification before they put ANYTHING on your credit.It's like driving down the road,and following every law TO THE LETTER.Every lane change perfect,every stop perfect,etc....Of course they are not in compliance with the law ,they admitted non-compliance to Congress about 2 years ago.They said it would take them approx.12 years to implement a system to be in compliance.HELLO! That's 40 years after the law was past.The law(as most laws)is very detailed.A good lawyer could clean up your credit but,it is very labor intensive and would be expensive.I know a company that has developed and patented software for credit repair.They don't dispute the items,they just request,on their clients behalf, for the proper legal documentation for each derogitary item reported. And thanks to technology,it is no longer labor intensive or expensive...The only thing fraudulent in this scenerio is the credit bureaus taking the word of any company,that what they say about you is true.This is America and we have laws to protect us from this kind of black listing.Unfortunately ,most people either don't know their rights or are too compliant to the status quo.As for paying your creditor and hoping the creditor cleans up their ding on you...good luck...I have been a real estate agent for 10 years and that is not the way real life is.If you need help with this let me know.

>From: Donna <>
    >Subject: [Credit Cards] RE: How long do inquiries stay? [1:993:1092]
    >Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:05:56 -0800 (PST)
    >
    >http://board.creditnet.com/read.php3?num=1&id=1092&thread=993
    >
    >Laura, you sound as though you're soliciting people to engage in fraudelent activity. You can repair your credit without paying a dime to anyone except the companies you OWE.

10. Bill

Bill Guest

If you know the company that provides this software, why not just give the name? I've read several of your posts, and I agree with Donna, you must be selling something. By the way, your spelling could use a little work:)

11. Laura

Laura Guest

I have posted the name before..it's ICR.And they are not selling software, they are selling a service.If anyone wants to contact them,you have to be referred to them.My mortgage broker is who referred me.

12. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

So how much do you get for each person that you refer?

13. Laura

Laura Guest

I don't want to advertise on this bullitin board.E-mail me directly
    laura949@hotmail.com