How long does it stay on my report?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Carrie, May 22, 2001.

1. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

I am getting ready to dispute these 3 hospital bills that recently came on my report. I am disputing with the cra. What I want to know is that if they come back verified and validated, will that change the dates? Right now they are scheduled to stay on until 10-2004. If I can't get the hospital to cooperate I don't want to have the date to start all over for 7 years. Can someone please tell me how this works??

I am also sending a dispute letter to the cr. I have tried to talk to the hospital with no avail. They flat said its stayng on your report even if you pay it!

I'm heading to the original insurance agent right now to see what I can find out here. They say their benifits are exhausted. I get the run around from everyone!!

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Even if something is verified, it doesn't change the date it comes off your reports.

I just had a Macy's charge-off updated on my Experian report. Online, the item says "Verified 5-01" and "Item will be removed 5-02".

I wrote Macy's a letter yesterday asking them to consider removing it early because there is only 11 months until it would be removed anyway.