How Long??? Please Reply

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kittw1, Sep 15, 2001.

1. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

How long has it taken to get your credit issues resolved and to reach a level of good credit? In laymen terms, from bad credit to good credit?

I think we could all use some good stories.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

bout month 18 now from beginning. I am only at 650 score (still subprime) but citi has graced me with $15K in credit and i have (had) about $7000 in other subprime cards. My poorest visa is a cap 1 gold at 13.9% apr with $2100 limit. All of my remaining baddies fall off in 2003, when i'll be ready to buy a car and house.

I'm pretty satisfied and have done all my work myself. Thank god for citi or i'd still be in subprime.

3. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

That's really good to know. I will be so glad when I reach that level. How did you work the citi thing (how'd you get one)?

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Citi has their own scoring model.

Some points i've noticed.

They dont seem to care as much about older delinquencies (major).
    They do seem to like the fact that any derogs at paid in full.
    They do not like BK at all.
    They do not like folks that have burnt them b4.
    It seems to be a good idea to have all derogs in dispute before applying.

You can get a citi AAdvantage with a 590+ score, if all your other ducks are in line.

5. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Well hopefully, my ducks will be in a row soon (next 60 days I suppose) if EQ gets their act together. Citi AAdvantage is next on my list (just before the holidays would be sweet)

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Anything over 15 days is too long!

7. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Well, I am still disputin'...so i suspect that 60 days will do it!!!

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I've been very active in correcting inaccuracies in my credit report personally. Two are completely error free (and clean) and the other should be so within the month. Most of these were from tradelines 3-4 years ago and I've just been working on it for 7 months.

I do think that any company that charges by the month is screwing the customer because it is in their best interest to delay the process as long as they can.

How old the accounts are plays a major part of it. It will be very hard to get anything corrected from accounts that are open because most are updated monthly automatically.

Hang in there... it does work, but does take some active participation on your behalf....

9. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much! It is good to know that I am really doing this for me and my efforts are not in vain. I just wish I could get one piece of plastic and show them how good I can be.