How long should it take to rec

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mba, Feb 18, 2001.

1. mba

mba Well-Known Member

I was denied credit. I wrote for my free credit report on December 11th. I wrote again on January 2nd. I wrote again on January 20th. I wrote to a supervisor on January 27th. I spoke to the supervisor on February 7th. It is now February 18th. I have not received my credit report.

What do you, the participants at this message board, recommend I do next. I mailed a follow up letter today to the Supervisor by Priority Mail and should be able to track the delivery of my letter to them.

Other than filing suit, is there anything else that I can do?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

did you call?

I did, and got mine in about 10 days :) all 3 bureaus.

put down the pen, pick up the phone :)

3. Claudio

Claudio Guest

RE: did you call?

I called Equifax last Tuesday and I received the report Saturday (only 4 days). Call them instead of writing.

4. mba

mba Well-Known Member

Sam, as I indicated in my memo, I was in touch by phone with a supervisor. I thought they were sending it to me. I did not receive it.

5. Darrell

Darrell Guest

Is it your Experian report? If so, a number of people on this board have gotten free online reports from experian.com.

All you have to do is indicate on the form that you've been denied credit. You'll probably also need a credit card and accounts numbers for verification purposes.

6. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

RE: How long should it take to

Probably your address is wrong on the file(?). Why don't get it online?

7. Jay

Jay Guest

RE: How long should it take to

n o more then 10 days