How long to wait?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AnnMarie, Mar 15, 2001.

1. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I applied for a Citi Advantage card online when everyone was talking about them (heavily) I believe that was last week/week before. They did not give me an immediate answer, saying it would take up to 30 days for a reply. If I was turned down, would I not get that pretty fast? Does the longer it take the better it look?
    Is there a number I can call and find more information?
    I know someone knows the answers....thanks!
    AnnMarie

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

The number

1-301-733-5501 Here is the number (not toll free) you can call and they will tell you whether or not you are approved, I think it asked you to hit an option and just hit the button saying it been the longer of the two since you applied, they will tell you write over the phone.

3. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

They don't have me...

...in their system, at all! The woman suggested I reapply and that usually she has applications in her department within 2 days of submission.
    Momof3 THANK YOU for that phone number!
    Now, what is the BEST Citi card to apply for (again) I want to use it as a balance transfer card to combat some high interest rates :)
    AnnMarie

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: They don't have me...

When di you apply?? You have to be careful about applying with Citi, they only let you apply for 2 cards in a 60 day time period, so I would make sure your first application didn't go through. The easiet seem to be the silver or the gold aadvantage cards, now I first got the silver and they told me I couldn't tranfer with that card grrr, so I applied and received the gold card and did my BT at 6.9 for 6 months, I have since combined my silver and gold cards. If you receive the aadvantage card you can upgrade to platinum, but I wouldn't suggest applying for the platinum outright, they are tougher to get, yet they let you upgrade a mystery to me?? Good luck