How many accounts to dispute

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by metallicat, Jul 7, 2001.

1. metallicat

metallicat Well-Known Member

How many accounts can one dispute at once while avoiding a claim of frivelous disputes by the CB's?

Any suggestions on this would be MOST appreciated!

Also: Are online disputes working in anyones favor?

2. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Metallicat,

I have always been told as a general rule of thumb that one should not dispute more than three accounts in a dispute letter to the credit bureaus. There are others that say you should write a separate dispute letter for each item that your disputing. I would say that the three items per letter is probably the way to go.

As for online disputes, there are some on this board that have reported positive results by using this method. I haven't been so lucky but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it.

Good luck to you.

Manny

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I can tell you that Junum disputed 8 items on my first round with Transunion and all 8 were deleted Sine then, they have gone to disputing 3 - 4 items each time, but sending disputes out twice a month.

4. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

I disputed 9 items on my credit report (2 accounts my friends opened under my identity) and 7 inquiries. I just had the 2 accounts and their corresponding inquiries removed the other day. Hopefully the other inquiries will be taken off. I'm currently disputing the same information at all 3 of the CRA's.

5. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

I tried three with Experion. It was too much for them to handle. They screwed it up. If you are dealing with them, do one at a time and be very clear. They have the dumbest reps.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

equifax - all negatives every time - i went from 14 negatives to 1 paid $0 collection and 1 $0 charge off.

experian - ALL - use the online form.

Transunion - more pesky, they've not responded to my ALL disputes very well.

7. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I have had:

6 disputes on TU = 2 deletions
    8 disputes on EX = 4 deletions

The jury is still out on EQ.

8. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

I have disputed around 15 items per report per letter usually.. and I usually get a 50% deletion rate with never a frivolous request YET..