How many at one time?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kobekatt, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Kobekatt

Kobekatt Active Member

I would like to get an idea of how many negatives you all dispute each time with the CRA.

Lets say you had a total of 12 negatives per bureau, with the bulk being collections, how many would you dispute each month and have them verify?

I believe there is a good chance that half of these collections will not verify so I want to ensure that I challenge each one.

Would 6 challenges be too many? 8? 4?

I would love to know your opinions on this. What would happen if all 12 were disputed?

Also, what reason for the deletion should they be given? Unknown debt? Not my debt? etc.

Thanks in advance

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

3-4

3. bugman

bugman Well-Known Member

I think 3-4 is accurate. remember your disputing with (for now) different CRA's.

one doesn't know what the other is 'fighting'.

i like to think of it as CHALLENGING their information

fweem!

4. Kobekatt

Kobekatt Active Member

Any other thoughts here? What reasons should be given?

5. bugman

bugman Well-Known Member

'not mine' has worked for me.

for accounts i like but have lates i use 'never late'

ive read some posts where much more than 12 tradelines were disputed at the same time to one cra and they had success. its up to your personal preference really.

I like to dispute things 'across the board' that is attack the same accounts at the same time against the CRA's. makes it easier for me to follow.

Keep in mind with PAID collections you have options if the CRA dispute doesnt work. Like Dancerat or Nutcase. Ive had good success with Danceratesque letters.

6. Kobekatt

Kobekatt Active Member

Thanks a lot bugman, your advice helps a lot

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YOU REQUIRE A REASON???

EXCESSIVE=FRIVOLOUS

8. jenz

jenz Well-Known Member

i have not had that many negatives to "challenge", so my question would be: would this person dispute 3 items, wait 30 days for the results, dispute 3 more, etc? or do you dispute 3 items every couple weeks?

when i started fixing my credit report, i was 3 yrs out of banko (i was scared to look) with a beacon of 487 - half the items that should have been in banko weren't, you name it. i went to each credit bureau and just simply stated that i couldn't figure it out and there were so many mistakes i didn't know where to start. each bureau actually investigated every single item for me - with 3/4 of the bad items being removed. and the remaining items reporting as we speak is my bankruptcy (now 5 yrs old) and one tradeline that was included.

the best advice i heard was to keep accurate records of what was disputed, when it was disputed, and the reason listed in the dispute. this came from a person who accidentally disputed an item as not mine and then a week later (before getting the results) disputed the same item as never late. lets just say that item she disputed is still on her report.

9. Kobekatt

Kobekatt Active Member

Re: Re: How many at one time?

I think you missed my point George, I meant, what reason do you give to the CRA for disputing the TL? I assume there must be a reason given to them such as NOT MINE, UNKNOWN, etc?

10. NervousNuB

NervousNuB Well-Known Member

Actually, I believe lbrown said that 95-99% of all CA's cannot validate. Your success rate should be much better than half!

Find the testimonials thread, I think some people listed their tactics. I'm too new to have successes enough to tell you a strategy. I know I disputed a few items yesterday......and BOOM... LOST 34 points! Now I'm back to square one! Ah well, it's the end result I'm looking for! Good luck to you! NuB