How many items can be disputed

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Mar 5, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

How many items can be disputed on one letter? I have a couple to dispute as not mine. (at least 9) I also wanted to include that it's possible that my cr has been merged with someone else's (I found out from TU that there were many persons with my same first and last name). Is this a good tatic?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: How many items can be disp

Sometimes you have to do things over MANY months, doing too many things at once is called frivolous...
    EVEN IF YOU HAVE 30 WRONG THINGS...IT IS MIND OVER-LOAD FOR THEM...

Unless you are in a hurry (LIKE HOUSE HUNTING IN TWO MONTHS), try five or so, and ask for a corrected copy, then do more...

I SENT 19 AT ONCE, THEY IGNORED ALL BUT THE FIRST 3...

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

3-4

Dont you dare dispute all 9 at one time.

roni

4. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Thanks Experts

I'll keep you posted.

5. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks Experts

Three has seemed to be a good number for me. Anything more and one or more seems to be "forgotten". Getting things changed on a credit report is a time consuming process, and can take several months to years depending on the items you are disputing. I think 9 items, a period of a year or slightly less is a good goal. Make your disputes as detailed as possible as "not mine" tends to be ignored if they receive this more than once.

I have also found a very good time to dispute items you really want removed, but believe will possibly be verified is during Thanksgiving/Christmas. They can not often meet the "reasonable time" of 30 days during this period.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ALL MY 19 ITEMS WERE "true" mistakes, open as closed, closed as open, account balances not up dated
    6+ months old, wrong address (NEVER LIVED THERE), wrong credit limit, ETC...

THEY ANSWER TO NOBODY, THEY DON'T CARE!!!

CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM...CAN'T LIVE WITH-OUT THEM...

7. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right George, they do not care. The CRA's are only in business to report items their subscribers provide to them. They have no concern if the information is correct or if it is not. The "subscriber" pays the bills, so the "subscriber" is always right. Unless items are challenged in a detailed manner by an informed consumer, they will simply disregard most disputes.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

ditto...well said.

roni

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

equifax? I disputed 15 items at once. 10 were removed :) heh.. online even. Went back again disputed 5 remaining, came back verified again. time to give up for a while :)

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

equifax online is easier to do with the multiples. The investigation is started immediately. YOu dont have to rely on a mailroom clerk to approve your dispute.

roni

11. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

I know you are supposed to do only a few at a time, but here's a thought. If there are 19 true mistakes, wouldn't a normal person (not one trying to do credit repair) write and demand immediate correction on all 19? I would. I did.

I'd say if you have "correct" items you want removed, try those first, 3 at a time. Then, once you've hit the ones you're praying won't be verified... Hit them with all you've got on the legitimate mistakes.

If the CRAs "Verify" true mistakes, you have them on FCRA violations anyway... and on true errors, you really can push the daylights out of the issues.

12. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

because of your msg sam, i just opened another case to dispute more items on my CR w/ equifax online.. this time, I went in and am disputing around 10 as not mine including 3 addresses as well...

when u disputed yours online, were all the ones you disputed valid or not accurate?

13. geekpipe

geekpipe Well-Known Member

withthe online disputes...how are you disputing them...as what...not accurate, wrong address???