How many using Self & Lex/Junum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by texastrini, Aug 15, 2001.

1. texastrini

texastrini Well-Known Member

How many are using their own self-restoraion and the services of Lexington and Junum?

And if so, what were the positive/negative results?

did your efforts hamper Lex/Junum?

I use Lex but I went online today to dispute a inquiry and wrong addresses/inaccurate personal information. with Transunion and Experian

2. bfllover

bfllover Well-Known Member

I was doing online disputes--but Junum has in their contract that anything that is deleted while I am using them,I have to pay them for--so I stopped doing anything myself.Since we do not know what they are disputing till we get the cra reports--I dont want to pay them for something I did and I do not want to double dispute something they have already disputed,too.

3. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Well Texas I did most of my disputes on my own using mail, online and the phone.

I have been very fortunate and this board I am sure you know is wealth of info. But do what you feel most comfortable with. I had a lot of free time this summer so I decided to do it myself. Now it is actually paying off.

Good luck!

Cypri:)

4. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

Due to lack of time, I started using Junum in May. They have gotten 3 deletions of collection acounts on TU and Experian. Equifax hasn't budged. The last two are from the same collection agency. They are also my most recent ones. After this round, I'm canceling Junum and giving it a go myself. I'm going after the collection agency and the CRA's at the same time. Hopefully, my reports will be clean by the end of this year.

5. MT

MT Well-Known Member

I use Junum and also write my own disputes. Now, they may not have noticed, but I disputed several items and removed them myself and was not billed for this. I don't remember this particular portion of the contract that you mentioned. I'm still on the old $21.95 per month, $8 per deletion plan.

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I disputed things like addresses and inquiries during Junum's process but did not dispute what they were disputing.

What you should worry about is not the effectiveness, but what the trigger of 2 disputes on the SAME item with DIFFERENT reasons could do to you.

My advice, let Junum do their job on your public records, collection items, and late payments and sit tight. If you want to dispute the items on your own cancel Junum.

-Dave