How much credit is too much?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Bryan Shad, Sep 24, 2000.

1. Bryan Shad

Bryan Shad Guest

I already have 2 major credit cards and don't buy anything that I cant afford to pay for at the end of the month. However, I was wondering if anyone knows if it is a bad thing to have more credit cards that you don't use? I was thinking of getting an Amex card, but I don't want to if it will cause a problem if I do not use it.

2. Michael

Michael Guest

RE: How much credit is too muc

You should use the cards in your wallet every now and then, at least to let your creditors know your alive.

If your not going to use Amex much then apply for the Blue card which has no annual fee.

It wouldn't hurt you to build up your credit a bit, It can help you in the future qualify for a little better rates on personal loans, of mortgages also.

You never know when you will need this credit and having it established when you need it is sure a lot easier than trying to establish it when you need it!

Stick with cards that don't charge an annual fee as you won't cary much of a balance on them, and even if you pay them off every month the companies still will respect you.