How Often Should I Check My Cr

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Huh?, Feb 1, 2001.

1. Huh?

Huh? Guest

Thanks!

2. S.D.

S.D. Guest

RE: How Often Should I Check M

I think every three months is good. These credit bureaus can put some screwy info on there, so stay on top of it =0)

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

They say every year.....but realistically I would do it every 6 months.

4. Moore

Moore Guest

It depends on the situation:

1) No previous problems with information reported to the credit bureau = once a year.

2) Past problems with information being reported = every 3 to 6 months

3) Repairing credit = definitely every 3 months

Also, remember to order from the BIG 3.

5. Huh?

Huh? Guest

I have 2 jobs and found out that one of them is not listed on my report. Definitely I want the job to be listed because that's a much better job than the other.... In fact, the best job that I have ever had before. Now what should I do? Write a letter to the BIG 3? Thanks again.

6. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I would say just call and speak to a representative. The easiest things to change on a credit report are addresses & employment info. The rep normally makes the change right then without a problem.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I had to write a letter to get my employment info changed accurately./

roni

miles wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I would say just call and speak to a representative. The easiest things to change on a credit report are addresses & employment info. The rep normally makes the change right then without a problem.

8. Huh?

Huh? Guest

Well, I think I'm going to try to speak to a representative first, and probably I'll write a letter also to make sure....

9. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Why is it important to have your employment on your report? None of mine have any listed.

10. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

It's good to have accurate info on there. You fill out an app, tell them that you've worked at the same place for 15 years. They can see on your report that 13 years ago, it was reported that you worked for so and so company. That assures them you're on the up and up. And they might not have to contact your employer for verification (depending upon the type of credit).

11. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

At minimum every 6 months or so, once things are cleaned up on your reports.

Those "credit monitoring services" offered by the CRA's are a rip off. Buy two reports a year, maximum, which costs you $17 instead of the 50 or 60 they want for the monitoring service. Then, all you need to do is dispute something, and you get a free copy of the report (after the investigation).

If you are repairing your credit, you'll get a free copy of your report with each dispute you make, so you'll essentially be checking it quite often. Heck, I've got situations where I received 10 reports from a CRA within a three month time period.

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Amen to that John. When I looked at my credit reports for the first time last year, it had me down for being a waitress. I waitressed my senior year in college. I am long from waiting tables now.

roni

13. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Ie so can Creditors and collectors!

This is why the law should require them to contact the consumer before the information can be posted!!!!!
    Why not get it right = right off the bat isstead of letting them screw it up, then the consumer has to take their rapp while he tries to correct the mess they made out of it?

14. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Moore wrote:
    -------------------------------
    It depends on the situation:

1) No previous problems with information reported to the credit bureau = once a year.

2) Past problems with information being reported = every 3 to 6 months

3) Repairing credit = definitely every 3 months

Also, remember to order from
    the BIG3.====================================================All reports should be free too