How often should I pull scores

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Apr 10, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

How often should I check to see if my scores have improved? Once a month? Isn't this a "soft" inquiry? Will this affect my score?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: How often should I pull sc

Yes there are soft inquiries. I would not pull once a month though, at 12.95 a pop that can get expensive and since some creditors are slower in reporting, then don't update like clockwork every month. Also if you are waiting on deletions/changes these can sometimes take 30-60 days to be reported/removed.

3. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

ok,ok..thanks momof3

I am just going to continue doing what I'm doing and be a little more patient. Thanks.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: ok,ok..thanks momof3

TRY 4 TIMES A YEAR...on the 5th of the month because thay may not always update on the first.

5. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

Re: ok,ok..thanks momof3

George -

There's nothing 'magical' about the first (day of the month). Creditors report to the CRA's on every business day of every week of every month of every year. Scores are generated by taking a snapshot at the time of generation.

The first, fifth, or twenty fifth - it makes no difference, unless you know THE days that YOUR creditor(s) happen to report for THAT month.