How reliable is Privista?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by KHM, Oct 22, 2001.

1. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

I disputed a charge-off on my equifax, and I just signed up for Privista and the charge-off status is gone but now it has 4x's 90 days late and 2 x's 60 days late. IF this is what Equifax's results are, should I leave it all alone. I did pay this particular acct after a charge off, is it better to show a bunch of late payments than a charge off? Anyones thoughts are appreciated!
    KHM

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Privista's information seems to be updated weekly... not "live" information. Any late pays are negative. If you have ANY question about how the account is reporting, call EQF and ask for an investigation/account status update.

3. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

I'm not happy with Privista. They charged my credit card $39.95 before the 30 days, like let's say the SECOND day. I am still having trouble getting ahold of anyone. Time to dispute with Cap. one!

4. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

That happened to me last night. I signed up for the free trial and lo and behold, the charge shows up on Citibank less than 2 hours later.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

But it beats Equifax's Credit Watch. I have had 29 changes to my credit profile since having it. I didn't get a single "monitoring" email. Classic rip off.