How should I apply???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Becky, May 16, 2001.

1. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

I got a merged tri-Cr. On it I have two Equifax scores. With two versions of my name, my full given name & the other is just my first & last. Plus different addresses. Actually I have a new address not on the report.

Full name old address was 498.

The second different address was 751.

I want to apply for a creidt card. If I use the second version Should I use the address atached to that version. Or my actual new address?

Does it really matter? Thanks

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thats a "HUGE" difference from 498 to 751, are you sure the reports are the same other than address?? Something doesn't sound right

3. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

The difference is in one my full legal name & old address. Two using my legal first & last name & my sisters address. That's the only difference.

I haven't applyed for anything in probably ten years with my full name. Just became a pain to have to always write the whole thing out.

It shows using my SSN on both identifications on the report.

Actually they have three versions, but the third they don't score. Says no recent reported info. Go figuare. On this merged report there was 16 errors between all three CRA.

4. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

I would think the most important thing to do here is to get your reports merged. Why would you want two different files on yourself? If they merge them I would think your score would fall somewhere in the middle of the two numbers...650 or so.