How to close a thread??

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Momof3, Apr 30, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Just curious how one goes about closing a thread, do members do this or PBM??

I recently saw a thread that was closed it was a thread addressed to me and had a few comments that I would have loved to respond too LOL.

Mom

2. pbm

pbm Administrator

Momof3,

Only moderators and administrators have permission to close threads. Threads may be closed because they are deemed off-topic, or they are no longer relevant (e.g., resolved board problems), or when they appear to be transforming into flame wars. It is the latter in the particular for which we now maintain a zero-tolerance policy. This is to insure the integrity of Straight Talk and the posts made therein.

While we recognize your right to respond to questions directed at you, we must act in the interest of Straight Talk. We trust you can understand our position.

Sincerely,
    pbm

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks PMB. Yes I understand why the thread was closed, the "poster" in particular was trying to start another flame war and luckily you closed it , I would have been tempted to reply, but then again that's what they wanted in the first place. Gotta love that ignore button.

Mom

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I REQUESTED IT BE CLOSED...(FLAME WAR STARTING)...
    Roni seconded the motion...

Sorry Momof3

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

That's fine George, it should have been closed, we all know where that "poster" would have tried to go, and we have had enough out of them already, just wanted to respond to my apparent "mistake" LOL, yeah right.

Mom