How to dispute archived BK

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tmitchell, Aug 19, 2003.

1. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

If a BK has been archived by the court, what is the best way to dispute and what are the chances it gets deleted?

2. LisaMc

LisaMc Well-Known Member

From what I understand, it can still be "verified" if your case remains in Pacer (the court's system). You can get access to Pacer for free. I did just to see what was there. Check to see if your archived bk still resides in Pacer. How do you know it is "archived"?

3. Phreedom

Phreedom Well-Known Member

Lisa,

Just looking at the progress of your scores. How did you get them up so fast? Thanks!

4. tmitchell

I called their automated line and searched by my SSN and case #. Both turned up empty. I've done searches like that before and always got a hit on my SSN & case. I called the courthouse and the lady couldn't find it and told me she'd transfer me to archives. I hung up at that point.

BTW - I'm waiting for my PACER access to arive in the mail.

5. LisaMc

LisaMc Well-Known Member

So what exactly does "archived" mean? How old is it first of all? Does it mean that the whole case # is somehow taken offline (ie like off sight storage or something of that nature). I remember on the front of our bk paperwork there was a page that read "keep this copy! Failure to do so will result in a $50 fee to have a copy made from an offsite location." I didn't realize that also meant that it could come out of their system for verification. Hmmm......

6. tmitchell

It's 5 yrs old. I'm not sure what "archived" means either.

7. tmitchell

Another question comes to mind as I prepare to dispute this on the other two reports. What does the CRA use to verify? Do they submit name, address, SSN, case #, etc? How much help would it be to have my old address removed prior to disputing?

8. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

From my understanding they have to verify two pieces of information. Not having a matching address takes out one piece of the puzzle :)