How to figure out SOL and DOLA ?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by laurie33, Aug 8, 2003.

1. laurie33

laurie33 Well-Known Member

It's this Asset Acceptance thing I posted about in another thread that's got me uptight. How do I know what the Statute of Limitations is for them to collect on it? The debt was originally incurred when I lived in MN, I now live in WI.

Also, is the DOLA the last time I made a payment, or is it when it was actually charged off?

Thanks!
    -Laurie

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

You will get better results and replys if you keep all of this on your original thread about this.
    You're making folks jump all over the board trying to follow you and figure out what is happening in your situation.
    Some people will get part of the picture from reading one of your threads others will get some of it by reading the other thread but few will get the full story by reading both threads.

3. lbrown59

4. laurie33

Re: How to figure out SOL and DOLA

I was just asking a general question. It didn't need to apply to my exact situation. I wanted to know the rules of SOL and DOLA as they would apply to ANY account. If my questions frustrate you, you need not reply several times each.

5. Why Chat

Why Chat Well-Known Member

I do not know what the reply was that bothered you, however, both SOL and DOLA as it relates to SOL are State specific, and type of credit account specific.

In GENERAL you can look up each State's SOL on my website, and in GENERAL you will find a statute under the individual State's listing as to when the SOL starts for that State.

6. laurie33

Thank you whychat. What bothered me was lbrown saying I was making people jump all over the board to answer my questions. I didn't think I was doing that at all, just asking a general question about SOL's. I wasn't looking for something specific to my situation. It's also a little disconcerting to have the same person reply several times to a post and never really answer your question. Thank you for a straight answer.

7. Why Chat

Why Chat Well-Known Member

You are welcome.

If you find any poster's replies repetitive or not useful, you can go to your account and put that person on your "ignore" list.

That way you avoid the extra time and carpal tunnel syndrome of scrolling through posts you do not wish to read.

8. lbrown59

4*. If it's last payment, I think it was 12/97 so I've only got a few more months (SOL is 6 years here).
    laurie33
    =================

4* That's 4 more months they have left to sue you but it still remains on your reports for another 16 months.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59