How to get unsecured card?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Lara, Jul 18, 2000.

1. MichaelOH

MichaelOH Guest

RE:Great advice

"...although I share their sense of humor and probably would have said many of the same things."

"Probably would have said many of the same things" implies an "if". If what? If you were "from the President", that's what if!!!!! Which in turn implies the "but"; as in you would have said many of the same things IF you were "from the President", BUT you are not, you are someone else. Therefore, through deductive reasoning I have demonstrated that while you were not posting as the President you were indeed faux posting. Its elementary, my dear J Edgar. You are like a book to me. OK, so you used a different alias. Which one? G&L Bank? (..and I mean GOOD looking!:)Don't be shy. Time to fess up!

2. Kathie

Kathie Guest

Bubba...this one is so far out there I can't do anything but laugh. So how wide is your trailer?
    :) :) :) :) :) :)

3. arnold

arnold Guest

go to a credit union. start an account. that will get you on your way

4. MichaelOH

MichaelOH Guest

For God's sake woman, don't you know anything about us! Yer educated redneck like my own self has an internet ready double wide, with pre-installed modem jack and double toilet roll dispenser in the master John. Until someone invents the triple wide, the double wide manufactured home is yer trailer park haute' fashion!! Put up a chain link fence and ya got yer gated community. Now when yer gubmint gets bigger then yer peoples get poorer, so during the Clintonian Presdensy there are more of us rednecks ever day. So be looking fer the multi-family octa wide coming to a gated trailer park near you.

5. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Your not!! Tell me it ain't so.

Now I'm left wondering, who, who (hmm perhaps GnuCredit he was very capable of writing such and vanished around that period never to be heard from again), was that genius of a writer that both so entertained and educated me almost daily.

I must say I learned a great deal from posts by "from the President" and "Customer Service", particularly in improving my writing skills and in how to tell a story and in their great sense of humour.

They were the true heroes of the old board keeping at bay the hordes of unwashed masses with their "I sent your company $29.95 for my Gold Visa where is it!?" or "Fix my credit NOW!" or "How do I apply for a credit card?" and too many more to think of (I'd wager perhaps some 50 Latwanna's a week) without the risk of falling into a deep dark hole of dispair.

6. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Those are promotional inquiries and do not count as negative inquiries, as well their only supposed to be seen by the individual in question but some other postings have led me to believe that this is not always the case and may be seen by other creditors.

As for the event in question, I have no problem sharing it with you or anybody else my personal or professional information for fear that somebody is gonna GETME, besides which as J. Edgar can tell you if you do not take the necessary steps than its pretty easy for any determined person to compile a most extensive profile of you.

Anyways, at that point in time I was under the naive impression that I could call up the bank and talk my way into convincing them to rethink their position and objections and issue me the card. At that time I had very old collection account for a really small amount (a cable company that every year tried to entice me back especially when I switched to sattelite, no mention of the collection was ever brought up by them). Instead, I had some rep give me patently false information, particulary involving the reporting of write-offs/collections.

Seizing the opportunity presented to me I took his words as (as implicit and firm policy of the bank in question) and had a long talk with an Equifax rep (it was only reported there).

Whereupon, I drafted a letter to the reps department head and to a vice-president in charge of bank policy and detailed the reps (I gave his full name) incompetence, Equifax's response and to top it all off I added a bit about their mailing practices i.e. drafting a letter on 15th of a month, re-dating it to the 1st and having the postoffice mark bely their duplicity; common bank practise really.

Though, I believe the letter from Equifax had far more effect. While I never saw it, I believe it contained to the effect "Your reps are issuing false information regarding our policies please refrain from doing so in the future"

The response was not long in coming.

"We have carefully reviewed your letter and your file again. We have addressed your concerns to the the appropriate personnel (read fired his ass) and make sure we only give out accurate information. Please accept our sincerest apologies on the error information. We are pleased to offer you etc. etc.

Thank you for bringing the matter to our attention and we look forward to serving you one of our valued clients in the near future"

Now I'm not naive enough to believe that it was probably Equifax's letter that tipped the scale, I made use of this experience in a future dealings with Sears.

But it proved the age-old adage "companies, especially big one's, and particulary stodgy, conservative one's like banks hate being embarassed" and while they most certainly may not give a damn about me they most assuredly care a hell of alot about their relationship with the CRA's.

7. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Seriously, I've never posted as "From the President" or "Customer Service". Quite frankly I don't have the time to devote to such pursuits, fun though they might be. Occasionally I will see a post that's SO ludicrous, it deserves some attention. They have to be of the "They killed my puppy" calibre though.

8. Kathie

Kathie Guest

Spoken like a true connoisseur. You make me wish I was single, I had no idea such cultured and refined gentlemen of your stature still existed above the Mason Dixon Line. :(

Does your pick 'em up truck have a gun rack too? You don't have apposing thumbs do you?

9. MichaelOH

MichaelOH Guest

J. Edgar wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Seriously, I've never posted as "From the President" or "Customer Service".
    ----------------------------

C'mon!!! That is the lamest non-denial denial since, "It depends on what your definition of 'is', is." That's like telling your lover that, "No, I never got to know in the biblical sense THAT particular individual." It doesn't mean you weren't cheating with someone else!!!!! But nevermind. You are obviously not going to fess up to using any alias other than J Edgar. Though why one alias should be shy about confessing to the use of yet another alias is beyond me. Its as though AlGore took money from the Buddhist nuns but not from Catholic nuns. I mean, why draw the line there? I don't understand alias ettiquette, I guess.

10. MichaelOH

MichaelOH Guest

Kathie wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Spoken like a true connoisseur. You make me wish I was single, I had no idea such cultured and refined gentlemen of your stature still existed above the Mason Dixon Line. :(
    ---------------------------------
    Now you see thar? Thar is yer problem, Missy. Mens of my particular caliber are few and far between ABOVE the Mason-Dixon line, or like we call it down here, sissyville! But here in the Confederacy we as thick as cockroaches in a gubmint housing project. We as common as outhouses. You kin no more miss running into a real man down here than you kin miss running over a grasshopper in West Texas. But you cain't no more find a real man amongst the yankee then you kin find a virgin girl in a junior high. God bless them sex ed classes, eh? No telling what kinda big ole mess we'd be in if it weren't fer the gubmint passing out rubbers to the chillins. I hear next they gonna start neutering em like barnyard animals.
    --------------------------------------------
    Does your pick 'em up truck have a gun rack too? ---------------------------------------------
    Damn straight woman! Wherever a Wal-Marts and a junkyard exist within 50 miles of each other, ever redneck has a brand new gun rack on his old beater of a pick-up truck. Even if his pick-up is setting up on blocks and ain't run since Nixon was Presdent! See, yer pick-up truck is like yer redneck yard art. Its timeless, it don't never die. Even after the motor blows up you kin always let it set up in yer yard for a decade or so- so's the brats have something to play on- then cut it in half and make a trailer outta the back side and a dogpen outta the front side.
    -----------------------------------------
    You don't have apposing thumbs do you?
    -------------------------------------------
    I have apposing thumbs in the same sense that I appose leftie elitists growing their gubmint at the expense of my beloved barefooted, God fearing, Southern brothers.

Remember men, a real man don't cook supper even if he IS still on unemployment and the woman is the only one working, with her little bitty female type job! Lessin its BBQ course. That's differnt!

11. Kathie

Kathie Guest

You go girl!