How to handle this type of CA acct?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by WranglerTJ, Aug 15, 2003.

1. WranglerTJ

WranglerTJ Well-Known Member

I have a question about an account that has re-appeared. I knew it probably would someday, but today is that day.

Sears CC was charged off, and went to Universal Fidelity Corporation. UFC sent me a collection letter, I answered with a validation letter. They dd send partial Validation...a little bit of account history but no signature, and they did send me a second notice. I immediately sent ITS...never heard back, never placed on my report.

Today, what 3,4 months later, I recieve a notice in the mail from PIONEER CREDIT RECOVERY INC., evidently the first sentence says "Sherman Acquisition has purchased this account from Sears and interest will continue to accrue on my account while in collections" but later in the letter it states my amount owed:$603 and Interest rate 0% so I'm not worried about that.

I'm guessing UFC got my ITS and sent the account back to OC (Sears). Now Sears sold this account to Sherman... should I just follow the ordinary validation process or do I do something different with an account that was previously unverifiable?

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

0_0_0_0
    /l ,[____],
    l---L --OlllllllO-
    ()_) ()_)----)_) Jeep or Die

3. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Check out the Subsequent CA strategy in the sample letters forum. :)

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member