how to lower my percentage rat

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by derrell, Jul 16, 2000.

1. derrell

derrell Guest

To whom it my concern,
    I would like to know how do I get the bank to lower my percentage rate on my card.
    They told me they would lower it when they felt I was ready for it to be lowered. I've had the card for two years. When does a bank detemine when a person is ready for a lower percentage rate or savings on there visa or mastercard.

2. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: how to lower my percentage

"When does a bank detemine when a person is ready for a lower percentage rate or savings on there visa or mastercard."

When you inform them that you have an offer from a competitor for a card with a lower interest rate and that you plan on cancelling the account and transferring the balance to the competitor if they refuse to lower your interest rate.

As Creditworks always maintains deal from strength.

Of course you could always ask them to lower it and they may agree but if they see you have no leverage (competing offers, other better cards) they may very well decide they hold you captive and refuse you.

3. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

RE: how to lower my percentage

Steve, thanks for the mention. We do feel that credit should be treated as an investment. Many financial experst will tell you to diversify your investments. We like to diversify our credit. The more accounts, the stronger your position to deal with the high interest issuers.

Profit from the experience.

http://www.creditsense.com