How to Negotiate Before Judgment?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by goofydawgy, Jul 22, 2001.

1. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

I see your points about the loan and tax issues. I personally have never had any reason to study his techniques on this subject matter. I am only interested in his methods of purging unsecured debts. I will draw one parallel between his purging of mortgages and his purging of credit card debts, I believe that they are both effective a high percentage of the time due to the lack of the creditors/collectors desire to lose money in litigating. He probably does win most of his cases on the "money" factor alone..I do know that he actually wins for other reasons. They just dont happen as often as the collector giving up....

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

godaddyo:

I hate to pursue you like this, but exactly how do you know that he has won cases in court with his issues?????????

What cases, what courts, what case numbers?

3. godaddyo

I have talked personally with subscribers who have used his program. I cannot say without a doubt that they are telling the truth. But, I can say that they claim to have used his advanced kit. They claim that they have acheived results. Much like yourself, he doesn't really offer the good stuff for free. I doubt that he would post all the details of his cases for "FREE". At the same time, I might be able to get something from one of the subsicrbers if I asked. I just assume that they are telling the truth, much like I assume that your claims are true. Why would you lie? Sooner or later the truth will be told..Marie, recently posted a brief to one of his answers to a case. He will give examples, but he is very secretive. I can see where this may lead some to believe that he is hiding something. Also, he does not like to do the work for free. He gets pretty ticked off, if you try to make a mockery of his ideas. I have used some of his ideas, but I can't say they will work 100% of the time. Although he does claim they will...

4. godaddyo

Bill,
    You should go to his site and ask him personally the very question you asked me. Maybe he will give you an example...His brief was an example that he gave me. I was kind of shocked that Marie had posted it here.

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

If you have talked to others who have used his stuff and claimed success, then that is enough.

Of course you can't give your work away for free and eat and pay the bill too. Time is always worth money.

On the other hand, if someone spends money with you, then I think you owe him something besides "Oh, it's all int the book" and no further explanations. I also think that if you make tall claims about what you do then you should be ready to back it up with friendly and helpful advice to those who might not understand instead of telling them they have to spend a lot more money to get the answers you need.

I was told that if I spent the $118 or whatever that it would basically answer all my questions and show me how to do what I wanted to do. I was told I shouldn't have to spend any more than that, and then I had to call him a bunch of times to get delivery of the book and when it came, it was nothing but a bunch of posts from his yahoo groups.

It didn't even have his "million dollar letter" in it and I had to spend more money to get him to email it to me.

And then I hear him spouting off a bunch of stuff that many other people who tried the same type of stuff albeit in slightly different ways are now sitting in Federal prisons for having tried.

All in all, it just don't breed much confidence to say the least.

6. TCEast

TCEast Well-Known Member

I would like to go back to the original question about dealing with a judgment. From reading some of these posts it seems that getting a judgment set aside is a possibility if there is some sort of error when it was filed. However, isn't it true that most (if not all states) have a time limit on how long you can file a motion for summary judgment after judgment has been given. In California, I believe the defendant has six months to file summary judgment from the date of final judgment. So how is it you get a summary judgment 5 or 10 years later? Is an Order To Vacate Judgment different from a summary judgment?

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

An order to vacate a judgment is the same as saying the judgment never occurred. I am having one vacated which took place in 1995. It just depends on the reason. If the person never knew there was a judgment against him and can prove that he was not properly served, the court will grant the motion to vacate. - or any number of similar circumstances.

Unless it is "cut and dried" or your state has made it simple to do it yourself (some states have) I think it's better to get a lawyer.

breeze

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Breeze:

Either that or you had better be a pretty good law student in your own right.

9. TCEast

TCEast Well-Known Member

Thanks breeze. I had not gotton the court papers filed with my judgment because after I read that six month SOL, I figured I was out of luck since my judgment was final 18 months ago. I think I have a chance of improper service and after I get the court papers, who knows what other errors I'll find. I'm thinking I'll just file the Order to Vacate and then offer to settle. (It's a credit card charge-off). Since the law firm that handled it is in San Jose and I live hundreds of miles away in Whittier, Ca, I'm hoping they will want to agree to allow order to vacate in exchange for $$ instead of sending someone up here to deal with it.

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I would just file the papers. If you weren't properly served, the judge will vacate the judgment. A lawyer would only cost about $400. All kinds of things can happen - in my case the court "misplaced" the original documents and they are having to d othem over again. Nothing is foolproof, LOL. You'll be better off getting a lawyer. A pay-off is not a good idea.

breeze

11. goofydawgy

goofydawgy New Member

Breeze,

Just want to say thank you for your referral to Goodwin, Sutton and Duval in Richmond. I spoke to Steve Goodwin and he was immensely helpful in letting me know my options. He will be handling my case and he will negotiate with First Virginia Bank. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...but I've done my research on the law firm, and Goodwin is one of Richmond's top attorneys. I'm pretty confident. That really gave me some peace. Thanks again for referring me to them. I'll keep you guys updated.

Take care...

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it! He knows what to do. I am waiting to hear from him now, LOL. This is the one where the court "misplaced" the original papers.

Why me?????????LOL

breeze <waiting impatiently>