How to update Employer on CR?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mephisto, Sep 2, 2003.

1. mephisto

mephisto Well-Known Member

My wife and I recently incorporated and hired her. How can we report our company as her employer to EQ/EFX/TU?

Should we even bother, does it matter in terms of applying for credit? She has 780+ scores btw.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

APPLY FOR A "MAJOR" CREDIT CARD..."THEY" WILL REPORT IT FOR YOU...

You MUST be careful what "JOB TITLE" she has...

She probably will be denied "IF" she has a title of C.E.O. or C.F.O. or VICE PRESIDENT but will be approved "IF" she is a MANAGER or SR EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT

F.Y.I.--some credit cards DENY just because the EMPLOYMENT IS TOO NEW...

3. blackie

blackie Well-Known Member

For credit cards at least, employer information listed on your credit report doesn't matter in the slightest. Likely because it's mostly outdated and unreliable. I'm sure there are CEOs whose employment data shows them still working the drive-thru at KFC.

On the other hand, most credit applications do ask for your job description, and that may hold some modest sway in your credit approval. But, I doubt a whole lot, since I'm sure there are thousands of applicants representing themselves as CEOs who are really working the drive-thru at KFC.

But, if you're intent on changing your employment data, simply write to the credit bureaus. Two out of the big three just changed my employment info to what I told them. The third still thinks I work the drive-thru. ;-)

4. mephisto

mephisto Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips. My wife just applied for the Chase PerfectCard so one CRA might update due to it. We'll write a letter to the other two.

5. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

Good subject. I just checked my info on PG and found that TU still has my employer listed as the USAF. I haven't been in the Air Force since 1995. LOL!

6. SK

SK Well-Known Member

Why bother?

Employer doesn't help your score. I do not know of any reason (for the consumer) to have the correct employer on your credit reports. In my understanding, the credit card companies just want this info in case you default, so they can try to garnish your wages. Am I missing something?

7. robertgo36

robertgo36 New Member

if going for emplyment it helps that CR reports what is reflected on your resume...