Hudsons/best buy

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by terri, Mar 30, 2001.

1. terri

terri Guest

Anyone have a problem disputing hudsons or best buy

2. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Hey Terri,

I have/had both. My Best Buy is closed and my Hudson's is active. Best Buy was put into CCCS about 2 years ago and up until a few months ago (even though they've been paid in full for some time now) were still reporting my account as "Managed by CCCS". I wrote them one letter. Nothing. I wrote AGAIN and I got a response saying they were sorry if it caused me any problems and they took the notation off.

Now Hudson's....I'm having a little trouble with. They too, went into CCCS, but continued to report my account past due. As a result, my account is listed as 10 times 60 days past due...almost a whole year. I've written them twice already. I have yet to receive any kind of response.

I'm currently using Junum and I'm hoping they can get it cleared up. Part of the issue is that in accepting my payment plan with CCCS, they agreed to age my account after 3 months of on-time payments. After completion, they'd reopen my account. They came through on ONE of those promises. My credit limit has increased from $250 to $1100 in a matter of months, but I'm not in MI anymore so I can't even use the stupid card. How's that for "debt management".

Let me know if you have any luck.

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Shantel,

Do you have a Marshall Fields, Target or Dayton's by you? They all accept each other's cards as well as the major credit cards.

Target Employee,

Erica

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Erica,
    I closed a target card last year and I didn't find any useful since they accept Visa/MC/Disc/Amex and they don't have any kind of rewards by using their cards.

5. Shantel

Yes Erica, I have a Target by me. That's the only place I can use it here in NC (no Marshall's or Daytons).

Sucks because the Hudson's option keep increasing my limit, but I can't use it because there's no Hudson's here. Figures!

6. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Hey, Shantel. Have you checked out their website? Maybe you can order products online. Most dept. stores have this capability. Just another option. :)

7. Shantel

Yes Miles, I've checked the website. There are a few things they have on there, but their website doesn't carry all the products they have. Not even a 1/4 of the products. It's pretty shabby.

However, they have small kitchen appliances and knives that I was eyeing! ;-)

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Shantel...you can use your Hudson's card at Target today! Everyday!! They accept it....

9. Shantel

Joe,
    I know they accept it. But the card is split into "options"...one is the Hudson's option, the other Target. My Target option CL is $400. My Husdson's option CL is $1100. If I go and spend $399 at Target, I can't use my Hudson's option to buy more at Target.