Huge success using info here - THANK YOU

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MrGreen, Jan 6, 2010.

1. MrGreen

MrGreen Well-Known Member

EQF - 749 (+194)
    TU - 752(+181)
    EXP - 740 (+199)

This is after 5 months hard effort and a ton of postage costs and a lot of filing, labeling, tracking, responding, and appropriately escalating my situation at the right moments - not before and not too late.

I bought two Credit Repair books and read both, many times. I googled until I couldn't see, and found this place here filled with wonderful information. But I didn't act on it so the wife paid like $400 bucks for a credit repair kit that got my butt in gear - but it had much mis-info in it.

I've not found a single source to be all-encompassing other than just doing it, methodically, as directed and then stop what most-obviously does not work. And keep doing what does.

I just got more notices of impending removals of bad info and will shortly gain a significant and new entry that will establish an newly increased earliest-credit-date, with continuous Never Late status.

So I'm doin' the happy dance, and want to thank all those that make this the best single source for credit repair info that exists anywhere.

Thank You All!

2. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! You are proof that hard work pays off, but it does take time and you do have to work.

I hope you'll stick around and share some of the information you've gleaned with others.

3. MrGreen

Here I am

I'm right here, and will help, but I hesitate to go write a book if you know what I mean.

4. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

Congrats!!! It's always nice to hear a good success story.

We're happy to have you here, and we hope to see you around often.

5. MrGreen

credit repair biz?

I've been looking to get more billable hours; I work at home and don't have enough presently.

Any idea if there's a market for giving others credit repair help? I seem to have a combination of me thods that work pretty well. I'm in Anchorage Alaska, if that matters.

6. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

The first thing you need to do is study the CROA. There are a lot of restrictions on credit repair companies.

7. Greatlife

Greatlife Member

would you please share with me specifically which dispute letters and which validation letters you used to get the results you got.

Thanks,
    Greatlife!

8. MrGreen

combination of all, and don't do what doesn't work

I combined parts of all of them. Nothing I've done straight to a CRA has worked; they only do the right thing when the creditor falls short. The letters on this board will work great but lack other procedure will make you fail.

I try to let them know in every letter that I'm right and I won't go away. I don't want to make them hate me more than they hate their teenagers, awful boss, or low pay, but I also want them to want me gone; I make too much work for them, traversing legally-OK area, which they don't have time to do, which is why they fall down.

I don't be the nut case myself.

Never miss a deadline to act; never act too soon. No phone, ever. $4.95 Priority Mail envelopes works best; looks way pro.

Circle the questionable items from the CRA report and scrawl by hand a long story that if found to be true exonerates you; takes a long time to read too.

Download Shipping Assistant software from usps.com for free to print fancy shipping labels with bar code, and also then your tracking is free.

You're working with 30 day (plus 5 days, for their last mail to get to you) windows; every clock starts ticking when receipt of the mailing happens. Don't miss any deadlines. Don't give up.

9. MrGreen

doin' the happy dance

New letters are now arriving daily saying they're notifying the CRAs to delete erroneous/unverifiable entries. Today's winner was even cap-one!

Tomorrow we meet with the middleman that will facilitate our access to a federal program designed to assist Teachers and Nurses with homebuying. It looks like that program is a fixed 30 year rate of 4.75 with 100% financing, and that we qualify today with our newly improved credit scores

And these credit scores don't take into account the 5 letters of bad-entry-removals we've just gotten in the last few days.

I'm going to keep a few balls rolling on this credit repair effort, even though it looks like it isn't needed for the house loan - it should get us better rates on credit cards, car loans and stuff. Besides, success against the monolithic credit agencies is fun too!

We are doing the happy dance here.

10. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Just be careful of one thing. They could remove the entire tradeline, and that would probably hurt your score. You want them to correct information, not remove the tradeline.

11. MrGreen

maybe that's why

Maybe that's why my situation has been easier to clear up than it should have been. I had lots of good credit and still do today - and some rotten credit. I've worked to get the rotten ones that can't be verified GONE, not cleaned up.

Working....so far anyway... Happy...