Hurray for ORCHARD!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Keith, Aug 2, 2000.

1. Keith

Keith Guest

I think Orchard bank offers great customer service. My bill was due yesterday 08/01/2000. I went to their web site and made a payment by bank draft on 08/01/2000. This morning I checked and they posted it with 8/01/2000 as the date received! Now I actually made a payment a few weeks ago. But imagine if I hadn't. I still would have not been late because Orchard posted so quickly! They didn't even wait until my check cleared. I have had the card for only a few months and always paid on-time with no bounced checks. Hurray for Orchard!

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Keith--

i've been with Orchard since 1994. It is a very customer-friendly bank and the reps. are competent. I had two merchant billing disputes that Orchard handled with no problem giving me immediate credit for the disputed amounts.

Orchard is good about credit limit increases too. After you are established with them, they will waive the annual fee and reduce the interest rate, but you'll have to ask.

This one is a keeper!

3. Keith

Keith Guest

Dave,

Please tell me how often you got limit increases and how much. Did you have to ask each time?

4. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I was receiving increases every six months. Lately, I've noticed that they have been coming every three months. The range has been $200-$500 per increase. I have two accounts both unsecured.

5. Renae

Renae Guest

More orchard questions

Can anyone with a secured card from Orchard tell me how long it is usually before you get an increase with Orchard? Is it automatic or do you have to ask?. Has anyone received one after ANY period of time without asking for it?

6. Kool

Kool Guest

Renae,

Aren't you expecting too much? I mean they gave you the card after all didn't they? Did they promise you an increase? I think we sometimes expect too much. Be happy with what you have.

7. Renae

Renae Guest

TO "KOOL"

Unlike you, "Kool", I wasn't complaining. I was simply asking the question.

YOu know, I don't normally lower myself to personal attacks but I get the feeling that you are a real CLASS A JERK AND @!#$!! No wonder the credit card companies treat you so poorly. YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Kool

Kool Guest

RE: TO "KOOL"

Renae,

On my posting "DMB increase after 1st payment" you kindly told me that I was expecting too much! What's wrong? You are so self-righteous that you can't take your own advice.! You were asking if Orchard granted increases. Why did you ask? Maybe because that's how they advertise? You were wondering when they would follow-thru. Well I was only doing the same thing!!!! But you chose to tell me that I expecting too much or just complaining. You minimized my legitimate concern! DMB promised something and didn't follow-thru. And that's expecting too much? Why? Because I am a sub-prime customer and my expectations should be less? Because a company does treats me badly and supposed to think I am bad and unworthy?

By the way. I called DMB this morning and they not only granted my increase as promised but they granted more than promised. And I got full apology. If I had listened to you self-righteously tell me that I was expecting too much I would have gotten nothing. So you keep on being silent when a business takes your money and not deliver as promise just because you a sub-prime person with a non-perfect history, and see just what you get. Also, credit cards companies treat me very well because let them know when I am not satisfied. I DESERVE TO BE RESPECTED AND TREATED WELL! I want the best and nothing but the best!

9. Renae

Renae Guest

Forget my posting above to the "new Kool", you are a F_ _ _ KING JERK!!!!!

10. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Hey good job, you ignored the nay-sayers and proved your point, sub-primers don't have shake their head and moan "we deserve bad treatment" and can and should stand up for their rights.

Good things do happen to this who are willing to speak out and confront injustices.

Hopefully, others will follow your lead and ignore the rest.

Kook you definately da man!

11. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Hey good job, you ignored the nay-sayers and proved your point, sub-primers don't have shake their head and moan "we deserve bad treatment" and can and should stand up for their rights.

Good things do happen to this who are willing to speak out and confront injustices.

Hopefully, others will follow your lead and ignore the rest.

Kool you definately da man!

12. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Tantrum Time

Wow! What was that all about? Forget your bogus excuses and look at the reality of your own verbal behavior. If a single remark gets you this upset, then what happens when Orchard Bank makes you wait six months for an increase? Are you going to throw 180 tantrums, one every day as you wait?

13. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Kool is a Hero

Kool is a hero. You yourself are the jerk. It's called projection, one of the classic psychological defense mechanisms.

I suggest that you be a big girl and just apply for the Orchard Bank card without demanding that limit increases be absolutely certain in advance. And if you happen to get turned down for the card, what can we expect then? An explosion at your local Federal Building?

14. Kool

Kool Guest

OK! Enough is Enough!

I am through with this issue. I have resolved my problem with DMB and now I must resolve my problem with Renae. Please forgive me Renae. If I should ever again feel offended by anything you say I will simply say that and nothing else. If I should ever offend you please do likwise.

Have a Good day!