Husband and Wife

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DonP5151, Aug 22, 2017.

1. DonP5151

DonP5151 New Member

I just read a book on repairing my credit but it didn't say whether I should try to repair it for just myself or my wife and I together. Her score is better than mine. Figures after 50 years of marraige!!!!

2. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Each of your reports is separate, you need to dispute YOURS, and she needs to dispute here. There may be some overlap, but they are different.

3. 007 Credit Agent

007 Credit Agent New Member

Hello,
    You may repair your credit,but it take a bit of time. Don’t expect the credit score to jump up within a day or two. It generally takes 6 to 12 months at the very least. If you wish to repair the credit score on your own, here are a few steps you need to follow:

• Pay attention to your credit report: Now that you know why the credit report is so important, you understand why it is important to ensure that it is error-free. What you need to do is to check it regularly. Once you do so, you can easily find the errors to rectify them. In case the errors are severe yet disputable, you can always approach the concerned credit bureau for rectification.
    • Clear all missed payments: Missed payments mar your credit score considerably. You’d want to remove this blemish as soon as possible. This you can do by clearing all current payments.
    • Stay away from hard inquiries: When you apply for a new credit or loan, you get what is known as a hard inquiry. This can be damaging to your credit score. It is a general advice not to take new loans or credit until your credit score has improved.
    • Gets disputes resolved: If you have any disputes on financial matters, credit report errors, missed payments, etc. get them resolved. Once done, ensure that your score does not get tarnished by these instances again.
    • Get a secured credit card: If you want to build your credit score, one of the most effective ways to do so is by getting a . To get this, you have to make a security deposit. All activities on the card affect your credit score.