Hustled Providian Today!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Dec 15, 2000.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Just sharing info....

Called Providian and negotiated a 16.9% APR and a waver of annual fee (credit will appear in 3 business days) on my Visa Gold. I was real polite and stated that I was approved for the Citibank AAdvantage card <snicker> with better terms but wanted to stay w/ Providian. I didn't get a grace period and no limit increase (since I just got one in Nov) but hey, at least I got off of the phone rather quickly and didn't waste my time! Something is better than nothing!

Thanks for the encouragement Sister Girl! After reading your post, I decided to *shadow* your moves! Citibank AAdvantage! HA!! Yeah, right....

MP$40

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Great news MP, way to go:)

Mom

3. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Hey! You beat me to it! =0)LOL
    I was planning on doing the same!

4. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Called them and the rep was very pleasant. Too bad I didn't negotiate w/ her. She transfered me to Retention and the guy was also pretty cool. He said since I had just opened the account in November, he couldn't do too much for me since he didn't have any credit to base it on. However, he dropped my 23.99% to 21.99%. Very little, but better than 23.99%. He said to try back in about 5 months after I built up some credit w/ them. BTW, I basically used the same line as all of you... was offered better terms w/ another company, but really like Providian, Can we negotiate, etc.

5. Sister Gir

Sister Gir Guest

Hey Baby,

Congratulations,I wish you *MORE* success in every way.

Think about it....they can only say "YES " or "No".

Peace,
    Sister Girl

6. spice

spice Guest

I work for a large bank that just offered pre-approved credit cards to its employees. I used this as my bargaining chip to get a lower apr (16.99%, not the greatest, but better than 23.99%) and credit limit increase. Thanks to all of you that post such great information and tips!