I actually GOT approved!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by newstdt, Sep 1, 2001.

1. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

I have you guys to thank!!!!

I applied online just now for an Orchard card from the pre-approval they mailed me. Since I'm disputing with Experian I did what you guys said and waited until I got my return receipt back and since I knew experian had them I just said heck with it and applied!!

I just had to laugh!! I NEVER expected it to say "Congratulations, you've been approved!" Ha!!!

I have a $60.00 annual fee, a 25 day grace period and there wasn't a processing fee.

I went back to their website, I thought since I'm disputing my hubbys Experian too I should try to get him a card, but it's an $80 annual fee and a $19.00 processing fee.

I can't decide if I should (or even could) add him to my account later, or should I just go ahead and try to get him a card?????

Please help!! We're recently out of bankruptcy, but want to buy a house in about 2-3 years and I know re-establishing is going to make the difference. I only want this one card. I don't care if my limit is $100!!

I'm still shocked!!

Thanks again!! This forum is fantastic!!

2. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Congratulations. I have to say I know how you feel. I am in sub sub prime territory score wise and although I have applied for a few of the sub prime cards online - I always get the "Sorry we dont want you" letter.

I kind of feel the same, I just want a tradeline I can build a good payment history with. Even if the CL was a hundred or so....would probably be better, I could charge it and pay it off each month.

3. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS....!!!!!

Doing the ... Happy Dance.... ;-)

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!

5. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

I just applied for my hubby and he GOT APPROVED TOO!!!

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders!!! At least there will be some hope down the line for us buying a house!!

I really thought it wouldn't happen this quickly, but I'm for sure going to guard this card with my life and pay it religously to rebuild!!!

We had to file the Big B because a relocation and my health problems, we had never been late on anything. So I'm going to be sooooo very careful!!!

Thanks everyone!! You guys gave me the courage to even try. It's much appreciated!!

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

wait about 2-3 months and you'll get a household pre-approval. These are similar terms but $1000 limit instead of $300. Btw, when you get the card, call up and ask for retention to get a better limit.

7. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!!!!!

I know from experince what a great feeling that is!

Now you don't have to cringe when they say 'Cash or Charge'?

Good for you!

Shawn

8. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I felt the same way when I got my Target card!!!!!

Steph

9. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Sam, I got this Household Bank preapproval after getting the Orchard card. The terms are: credit limit upto $1000.00, $19.00 processing fee, and $59.00 annual fee. It has two-cycle billing as well and 18.9% APR. I still have the offer laying on my desk.
    I figured the "upto $1000" means $300-$500 limit.

Is this a good company? I can't make up my mind to accept the offer or not. I am also in the process of buying a house, so I can't apply for anything until after closing.

10. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i got $1000 on the household. Read the terms now, the two-cycle billing is no longer..

It's an okay card with mediocre customer service.

If your fico is below say 600 expect $300, retention will up to $500.

Fee's are less than aria/providian.

11. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Oh what a wonderful feeling. I too know how you feel! Isn't it great to know you can start rebuilding and making a positive difference in your credit right away!

Now you have a road map towards getting your house in 2-3 years. Having something definite to aim for helps to keep you on track.

Congrats and good luck!

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Congrats.. I'm so happy for you.....it's so much fun to get the right message, isn't it?