I am getting tired!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by scs926, Jan 12, 2001.

1. scs926

scs926 Guest

I just don't know what to do anymore. I have been trying to clearup past debts and rebuilding my credit for a year now but I am beginning to feel it's a hopeless situation. I pulled my experian report on iplace and was in shock. I have 22 accounts including 11 negative items. The negatives and mostly paid collections. I have 1 collection that isn't paid but it mine (I am disputing with the collection agency). Two of the negatives are late pays (1 with providan which is closed by credit grantor) and the other credit card is now current and still open. I also found out citibank which hasn't been on my credit report for 2 years, decided to start reporting my paid charge off again. I haven't had any late pays since july of 1999. Should I just join junum and let them handle it? It seems too much for me!!

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Believe me! I know how frustrating this credit repair business can be! I've been at it for over a year now and the progress is painfully slow.

For example, I just disputed three accounts with Equifax and they all came back verified. J C Penney even came back verified and that's after I sent Equifax a letter from them stating that all derogatory information would be deleted.

Whatever you do, don't give up! If you can swing it financially, give yourself a break and let Junum carry the weight for a while.

Hang in there. Your credit situation is not hopeless. It takes time, perseverance and patience, but things will get better.

Keep us posted.

Donna

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Donna,

You wrote:

"J C Penney even came back verified and that's after I sent Equifax a letter from them stating that all derogatory information would be deleted."

I have sent to Equifax three letters from creditors stating a deletion and I'm concerned that Equifax will "verify" anyway, regardless of the letters. What will be your next step to get the JC Penney account removed?

Thanks,

Marci

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Marci,

My plan is to dispute again and resend the letter from Penneys. This time I'll be more forceful and direct. My philosophy is always start out nice so you have somewhere to go.

In addition to the letter from Penneys I sent, Equifax should have received a communication from them as well. I'm not sure what went wrong but someone, somewhere, dropped the ball. Actually, I have two letters from penneys concerning the drogs and the second one indicated that they were contacting the bureaus directly. Transunion and Experian have already changed the account to a positive status.

I hope this helps a little.

Donna

5. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Thanks Donna,

One creditor sent in the universal data form to all three CRAs but only Equifax still reports. So, I just got off the phone with the dispute dept. of this creditor and told them to expect a consumer dispute verification form from Equifax. They told me they would put "delete" on this form.

The second creditor accidently never sent a universal data form for deletion on me in the first place, I found out in my second phone call, so the lady is doing it today. So, I'm a victim of bureaucracy, it seems. :)

I'm on the phone with the third creditor now.

Marci

6. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Good work, Marci. Credit repair is sure a slow process but you're getting it done. I'm glad you were able to track down the problem and your creditors were responsive.

7. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm really appreciative of this board. Due to info on this board, I've had 9 accounts deleted since November which I previously never expected to have deleted.

So, scs926, I'd encourage you to stick around and read (make sure you read the archives of the board, too).

Marci

8. scs926

scs926 Guest

Thanks. I think I'll go without junum for a few more months. Is it possible to dispute a paid collection? On what ground would I do so?

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: As shaggy sings..

It wasn't me!

This item does not belong to me.

Use the method of:

1. Remove any addresses you can off your report (Not mine).

then.

2. Remove everything negative. (its not mine).

Straight up,

The item in refence does not belong to me, and is misrepresented on my report...

I lost about 10 equifax bad items to date with that method.