I am going to be getting a CCB

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CiRcUs-FrE, Aug 10, 2000.

1. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

I have a Visa from CCB with a 1550.00 limit (will be 1650.00 because I deposited 100.00 as a secured deposit to boost up my limit a little) and I am at a zero balance (actiually I over paid alittle) They said upon renewal (in October) My VISA will be converted into a Gold MASTERCARD. That is totally crazy that they can change my card like that. This "Gold" thing sounds like a huge joke to me. Do you think they will have any benefits with this "gold" card? I always pay on time and I have a pretty good payment history with CCB as of right now. And they have been pretty fair with me (so far) So what do you think about this?

2. Frank

Frank Guest

RE: I am going to be getting a

Funny I wasn't offered Gold Cards. I've had two Silver Preferred cards with $2500 limits for over two years and my cards just expired.

However, I do not recommend Cross Country! It took an attorney to get them to reconsider their tendency to misplace payments and to post payments many weeks after I sent them. So unless your son-in-law is a state prosecutor, avoid these crooks. I've kept the cards with zero balances for emergencies only (like my funeral expenses).

This Gold Card stuff sounds like nonsense or a ridiculous joke by the world's worst so-called bank. A Gold Card with Cross Country would be like a first class ticket on Greyhound to the @!#$ of Creation. Neither the trip or destination are pleasant and it's too damn expensive.

3. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

When I talked to them on the phone.. they said they are phasing out Visa because they got a better contract with Mastercard. So now here comes their "Gold" Mastercard. So since my renewal is in October.. I will just have to wait and see what happens. The only reason they get my payments on time is because the majority of the time.. I am sending them by Western Union. I work at a Grocery Store that has a Wesern Union and one of our benefits there is that we can send Western Union payments for no charge. The only thing is that I get a 2.00 fee on my CCB bill for each Western Union payment I do. I still can't believe CCB is going "Gold" There is 1 thing they did that does improve them "slightly" You can now do automated pay-by-phone toll free but I am still kinda weird about giving them my check number unless I have to (such as doing a pay-by-phone with a rep to get myself to a zero balance including interest) But in my opinion.. it wont be so bad for me when I get the maximum limit to 5000.00 and I get all my other credit cards paid off (I went crazy with credit cards at 18 so now I am rebuilding my credit by using AAA Fair Credit and using Lexington Law Firm) It is costing me a lot but it is worth it for me to build myself back on track.

4. BOB

BOB Guest

CIRCUS FREAK, did your mom have any children that lived. I mean really, anyone trying to rebuild their credit with CCB has to have a screw loose. If I had a CCB card with a zero balance I'd get rid of it ASAP. Granted CCB might have been alright up till now, but your
    luck with CCB is about over. I wouldn't trust this bunch of crooks for any reason.
    But if you stay with CCB and get burnt you
    will deserve it. I would keep my other cards
    and dump this bunch of losers.

5. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

I will get rid of the CCB card the second all my other cards are paid off. BOB wrote:-------------------------------CIRCUS FREAK, did your mom have any children that lived. I mean really, anyone trying to rebuild their credit with CCB has to have a screw loose. If I had a CCB card with a zero balance I'd get rid of it ASAP. Granted CCB might have been alright up till now, but yourluck with CCB is about over. I wouldn't trust this bunch of crooks for any reason.But if you stay with CCB and get burnt youwill deserve it. I would keep my other cardsand dump this bunch of losers.

6. Steve S.

Steve S. Guest

RE: AAA fair credit?

You mentioned that you were rebuilding your credit with AAA fair credit and Lexington. What is AAA fair credit?

Thanks,
    Steve

7. AAA

AAA Guest

I wasn't aware of their credit assistance, but their roadside service and towing is excellent.

8. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

AAA Fair Credit Foundation P.O. Box 3808 Salt Lake City Utah 84110 (Debt Condsolidators)

9. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

2 AAA + CCB Gold Card Comment

AAA - very well done. And I even qualified for AAA Plus for 100 miles towing :)

Cross Country Bank Gold Mastercard -
    OK..ahhh..
    1. "Got a better deal with Mastercard?"
    Did Visa get smart and terminate CCB?
    2. Only impressive at Frank's Trailer Park
    3. No comment on the Cap One $200 limit Gold
    4. Soon you'll be approved for an ASPIRE
    with a 41% penalty rate.
    5. The CCB Gold Card comes with the following desired benefits:

1. unlimited access to all Check Advance Stores
    2. bonus neighborhood control program (if you don't pay, we can strangle your puppies)
    3. Complimentary interest charges
    4. Trip to BOTH the LAKE of FIRE & the POOL of DEBT

10. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

RE: 2 AAA + CCB Gold Card Comm

I was turned down by Aspire last year when it was *only* 27 percent! LoL

11. DOXTR111

DOXTR111 Guest

I GOT AN OFFER FOR A $10,000 CARD AT 12% IN THE MAIL YESTERDAY FROM A CO NAMED "CREDITCORP.INC." I WAS BROWSING HOPING TO FIND OUT IF THIS IS JUST A RIP OFF OUTFIT(WANTING MY $29 APP FEE)OR WHAT. SOUNDS LIKE THEY ARE BOGUS LIKE I SUSPECTED. WOULD APPRECIATE FEEDBACK. THANKS.

12. bg

bg Guest

RE: StevenZ don't do it LOL!

I bet you can't wait to post back to DOXTR111
    lmao

doxtr111, Credicorp is a catalog company and you can only use the card to purchase overly
    priced junk out of their catalog. It's not
    a Visa/MC or anything like it. So throw it
    away and forget about it.

13. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

Just curious.... what kind of merchandice is in a creditcorp catalogue... maybe a George Foreman Family Size Grill for the "low price" of 299.00!

14. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: This appears to be the lea

The point is what has his post got to do with this thread in the first place?!

15. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Of course they offer more benefits with their gold card! Instead of getting screwed once or twice a day, they're going to give you at least a dozen more bonus screwings every day. Just bend over and take it like a man, sweetie. :)

16. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RE: 2 AAA + CCB Gold Card Comm

Aspire turned me down too because of the ex Chap 13.

No credit inquiries showed up anywhere though.

17. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Doris - sounds like San Francisco in the 60s-
    whatever that means :)

18. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

The only thing that is saving me is that I don't have to pay 11.95 per quick collect pay I do since I work at a grocery store that has western union. the only problem is that damn 2.00 fee on my CCB bill. I think they are the only credit card company that charges on their side for Wire Payments

19. bg

bg Guest

RE: This appears to be the lea

StevenZ, you know I respect you alot, but I just couldn't resist. I'm such a bad person LOL, I know how you hate these that ask about credicorp when there are are hundreds of post on this board alone to let them know it's a scam. Have a good Weekend Steven.
    Respectfully
    bg

20. bg

bg Guest

Word has it VISA is terminating their contract with CROOKS COUNTRY BANK, the employees have been told that upon the Annual
    due date to convert customers to Gold MC.
    There will be no more new VISA accounts at CCB, Could MC be far behind? We all knew
    this day would come sooner or later with all
    the complaints to VISA INTERNATIONAL. More
    good news against CCB I LOVE IT, couldn't happen to a better bank.