I am in CRA hell!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Becky, Jun 11, 2001.

1. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

I just can't win. When my Equifax was pulled early april I had a 751 becon score. There where quit a few errors, but I was afraid to do anything to not start the domino's form falling.

I finally find a lender that will only look at one score & use my 751 to do a mortgage. At great rates & little down.

He pulled Equifax today. My score was a 598. HOW??

The information showed, exactly what was on the first one pulled with the 751. ( I did have Equifax pulled for two other things resulting in three different stuff on the reports, but all had similiar scores.)

The only difference beside score in #1 & #4 was three inquires in the last 90 days. Number one didn't even show as an iquiry. One of the three inquiries I didn't authorize.

Anyone have a clue how this could have effected it to drop in score so drastically?

I tried to get to a really person at Equifax, but was told I couldn't use that report I had. I have to order one from then & then contact them with the special number on the form. What a waste of time. I also have to send several forms of ID & Address verification.

I did get a fax number to send in paperwork. Has anyone ever faxed their stuff in? Is it just as bad as mailing it?

Becky

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

--------
    When my Equifax was pulled early april I had a 751 becon score
    --------
    Was this through one of the online services? or did a lender get this score when pulling your Equifax report? You also did not get the second (lower) score from the same place. Different scoring systems use different algorithms and more than likely, the first one (or both) is not a true Beacon score. (I would imagine the first one since you wrote a lender pulled the second) The inquiries will hurt but should not hurt that much. Are those your only negative items (the inquiries)?

-Dave

3. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Becky,

Equifax has always been a tough one for me. They have rejected almost every dispute I have ever sent, even with documentation to support my position.

What I can't figure out is how your credit score dropped 253 points!

I have read posts on this board from individuals who have been successful with the online dispute feature on the Equifax website. You may want to try it. As for a fax I suppose it couldn't hurt but make sure you keep your confirmation for your records in case they try to say that they never received the dispute.

Manny

4. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

Both 751 & 598 were from lenders.Who supplied me with full copies of the reports.

I had a 720 from AMEX. They were nice enough to read me my report & score over the phone. I did not get their card.

I had a 748 from another lender. She read me the info over the phone too.

The one inquiry I didn't authorize I have no idea who it is. CONST Mortgage was all it said. No one I talked to .

There are other negatives, many incorrectly reported, but both the 751 & the 598 had the same info on it. Inquiries was the only difference.

The 720 & 748 were the two that had differeing information then the other two.

This is just getting to confusing. I wish I could just talk to someone at Equifax. By the time I get through playing this game I'll need a padded room.

Becky

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Does sound like everything is the same or should be approximately the same with respect to scoring. Equifax is so hard to reach too. Once I got through to an operator and the next day same # I could only get automated credit report order. It would really stink to think that 3 inquiries drops you that much. The Experian score simulator on CreditExpert showed a big drop after 5 and again and bigger at 10 but not that much of a drop for 3 in 90 days. When you get the information or corrections go back to the lender and get that mortgage. Good luck, let us know what happens if you get in touch with Equifax.

-Dave

LOL padded room sounds ... cushy :)