I am so ***** frustrated

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by texastrini, Aug 7, 2001.

1. texastrini

texastrini Well-Known Member

I need to drive a Mack 10 truck into a wall.

Just as I was turning the tide.

In June/July a collection account sent me a letter. I did not want to fight with them for a account already paid I simply settled the account. At the time it was not on my report.

I get an updated Experian and it's there. The information is incorrect and it shows it in collection as of 7/01 and scheduled to come off 7/02.

I have been working with Lex to work this into their creditor direct.

I was about to apply for credit today (I am starting my own business) and they asked have you have any collection in the past six months. Naturally no but I check anyway and noticed that the original date is 8/2000 but collection satus is 7/01.

I am screwed.

I call Bonded Collections to ask them to delete. Teh supervisor told me no but she would update to report correctly.

I am so F***ed!

Working with Lex is a whole other story...I am practically in tears.

While I am at it, I found out when I moved Suntrust should have removed or worked with Chase to remove my student loan defaults. All these years I am fighting chase.

I am offically giving up. There is no end....to the b.s

2. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Texas, wait a minute they reported incorrectly even after you paid them.

Did you keep the letter?

3. texastrini

What letter. They have no even sent a thank you this account shows to be settled.

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Had a similar situation. Since you have credit report before payment not showing this collection and credit report after payment showing reporting, you have some grounds. What I did was write a letter to CA, Creditor, CRA, Attorney Generals in applicable states, Planet Feedback, and BBB's. The business won't like the BBB report. Report both the CA and the Business it "represents." Oh, and for good measure, throw in the FTC.

Bet it's not worth the trouble to keep it on there.

BTW, in my case, they reported FOUR after paid! All were removed!

5. Cyprigirl

the original letter you received from them before you paid.

I am confused you said it was paid then you settled, could you please clarify what you meant by that?

If I were you I would be trying to figure out how they have violated the FDCPA and use that as leverage to get removal. CAs always find a way to violate the laws, so give it a try.

Don't give up, there are always going to days went theis credit repair business gets frustrating, but remember that is what they want you to do is give up, keep fighting it will work out and good luck on your business.

Also how is it going with getting credit for your business, my brother and I are planning to start a business and I am weighing what our options are at this point.

Cypri:)

6. texastrini

I just called the Sup back to remind her to send me a settled in full letter so I am not paying this a third time.

She also said she will have it changed on my credit report to reflect correctly but no deletion.

I feel like a lame duck.

I am finally convinced that doing it your self is the best ticket.

Nana C thanks for your suggestion I am so distraugh right now. I am seriously thinking about just letting it stay there until next year.

Before I get to righting letter I will like to receive the settled in full letter first in case they pull any shady stuff.

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Of course, that's up to you..but in my case, the issue was them reporting after being paid which was shown by previous CR, payment stubs, new CR. Nothing else seemed to matter and it worked quickly. I really understand..4 of them on mine was devastating as you might imagine.

Hang in there! And, Good luck!

8. texastrini

9. texastrini

So NanaC,

The CRA were the one's doing the deletions?

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I'm gonna be honest with you, I wrote to EVERYONE as you can see...I believe it was the creditor who had it actually removed but because I contacted all involved, I can't be 100% sure. My gut was that the creditor instructed the CA to remove it.

11. AJiLE

AJiLE Well-Known Member

Is this Bonded Adjustment in California that you're talking about???? If so, this is one of the FEW that I've got a ton of dirt on, and have managed to get to delete ALL of my past accounts with them. (medical type)

A. J.

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

See, Texas (after reading AJ's post), there's light on the horizon! :)

13. texastrini

Fomerly Bonded Collections of AZ
    (although I do beleive the have a office in CA)

they changed their name to Stuart Allan & Associates.

14. Cyprigirl

I am sorry about your accidents, a bad one can really wreak havoc on your life.

I have a few questions...
    What about your bank statements, do you have any proof that you paid them, the old credit report.

Which bank did you use?

How is it they are still trying to collect something when the creditor does not exist, if I am correct from what you are saying.

I don't mean to be rude, but why did you pay it and not request deletion especially if you already paid it before?

I do agree with Nana, make a lot of noise about what they did and complain to anyone who will listen. Don't let them get away with this. Certainly don't pay it again.

15. texastrini

Cypgirl,

I moved in the past year and the internet bank went out of business.

My old statmenets are in my other house 1400 miles away. when I did call the bank (brick&motor) they were going to charge per statement plus research time. Well more than the $200 I was going to settle for.

I just hope Lex is sucessful in getting it removed.

TO All: Sorry about flying off the handle.

Tex

16. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Hey, what are friends for?

breeze <patting TT's hand>

17. kbelle72

kbelle72 Well-Known Member

Tex....

NanaC is right. Keep throwing a fit, write to everyone you can possibly think of. I'm a finance manager, and I can tell you personally that the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Just hang in there and don't give up. :)

18. texastrini

Thanks guys,

I came to my senses today and wrote a letter to the FTC, BBB and attorney general in AZ.

Did I miss anyone?

I opted to ranting mad letter as opposed to the super intelligent leter to gain sympothy.

19. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Yes, the original creditor (and write the BBB about them, too) and the AG in the state where the original creditor is located and the CA is located! :)

Don't worry, Tex...we have all been there!! I was so distraught over the 4 entries..they were so unfair....:) But, you'll get through this...you have lots of ammunition!