I blew it; I am so bummed!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Donna, Jan 30, 2001.

1. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: My story.....

MP$40,

I'm really liking your auto pay suggestion. I had no idea that such an option existed to pay a credit card bill. Please tell me more. Do I need to call up CitiBank and set up the service? That would work great for me. And, if I wanted to pay more, I could always send an additional payment.

Thanks.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: My story.....

you can setup autopay online using www.accountonline.com

I'm not sure if it works over the phone :)

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

If all else fails.....

just call (800) 950-5114 and speak to a rep regarding auto pay. What I do is I have auto pay set up for $100/mo (which is way more than my minimum of $20) and then if I want to make extra payments, I just walk across the street to the Citibank Branch and do it via ATM or teller. Simple and easy.....no hassles, no worries.

4. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

WOW! I just got off the phone with Cap1 and they gave me a late fee adjustment for last month! Yipeee! Normally, I wouldn't have bothered, but since coming to this board, I got the confidence to call. What's the worse they could have said - no. Of course, I had to get that "Pay early" lecture, but a $25 credit is worth the lecture. Thanks guys!

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

RE: pay 2 times a month!

I do it like so"
    Send in the same monthly payment amount each month a day or to after the statement closing date:

This way your payment is always received before you ever get the monthly statement and it can never be late:Whola no late fees!

An asisde is you are paying off the account sooner and saving on insterest!******************************************

Donna wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Sam,

hehehe As you can see, I'm not the best record keeper to begin with. I'm not sure I could keep up with paying double on all of my credit cards. Currently, I have five. But I'm certainly going to be more careful from here on out.

6. lbrown59

RE: pay 2 times a month!

What's the difference between making advance payments and paying early??

7. lbrown59

RE: Don't worry!

know why folks get reported late on payment; and late fees:
    THE PAYMENT SYSTEM IS RIGGED WHCH STACKS THE CARDS AGAINST THEM!!!