I broke the 1st Creditnet Comm

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Himmel, Feb 14, 2001.

1. Himmel

Himmel Guest

Could someone share/tell me how I should go about in getting a "paid collection" account deleted from my credit report?

With the accounts paid, I guess lost my leverage and have been getting the run-around from the collection agency and the credit bureau. Called up the coll. agency and their response was that they have no record of the account, and that if I wanted them deleted, I would have to contact the credit bureau. Disputed the item w/ the cr. bureau and I get them returned as verified.

~Sigh* If only I had ran across this board before I paid those collection accounts..

I really have to work hard on getting deletions because I had just closed on a house a month ago. The Associates took a chance on me with a FICO score of 606 on my Trans Union, but w/ a big price. The interest on my mortgage is a whopping 14.9%.
    I hope to re-finance soon.

Thanks in advance for any technique that anyone may have used in getting these paid collection accounts deleted.

Himmel

2. sheron

sheron Guest

RE: I broke the 1st Creditnet

If the collection agency has no record of the account, how can the credit bureau report the account verified, since the bureau has to verify the account with the collection agency? Someone is lying to you.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

How long ago did you dispute the item. You will just have to dispute it again in a few months. You could dispute the date the item was placed in collection the next time.

BTW: If you stated too much info in your first dispute, the cb probably just said it was verified without really investigating.

roni

Himmel wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Could someone share/tell me how I should go about in getting a "paid collection" account deleted from my credit report?

With the accounts paid, I guess lost my leverage and have been getting the run-around from the collection agency and the credit bureau. Called up the coll. agency and their response was that they have no record of the account, and that if I wanted them deleted, I would have to contact the credit bureau. Disputed the item w/ the cr. bureau and I get them returned as verified.

~Sigh* If only I had ran across this board before I paid those collection accounts..

I really have to work hard on getting deletions because I had just closed on a house a month ago. The Associates took a chance on me with a FICO score of 606 on my Trans Union, but w/ a big price. The interest on my mortgage is a whopping 14.9%.
    I hope to re-finance soon.

Thanks in advance for any technique that anyone may have used in getting these paid collection accounts deleted.

Himmel

4. Himmel

Himmel Guest

I think you're right. They probably didn't bother checking. Thanks guy!

5. mba

mba Well-Known Member

Who is the collection agency?

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

sheron wrote:
    -------------------------------
    If the collection agency has no record of the account, how can the credit bureau report the account verified, since the bureau has to verify the account with the collection agency? Someone is lying to you.
    DOES Smell Line a Skunk In The Tent Doesen't?

7. Himmel

Himmel Guest

Oh hey y'all,
    sorry. It's Kansas Counselors.

Unfortunately the person I'm dealing with is quite inflexible. My first correspondence with her, she told me to take it up with the CRs. Obviously she had no intention on giving in, because she(or they) later verified the item.

2nd correspondence with her, I went into detailed as how after I had my tooth pulled which was paid by my health insurance, I gave them a forwarding address because I needed to move to Redwood City, CA the next week.

Back then, I never heard/saw the bill (only a measly st*nky $120 of copay which I'm now paying thousands $$ in high interest rate) and mentioned to her that as soon as I obtained my credit report back in March of 2000, I immediately contacted them for the amount and paid. I also requested it be deleted out of good faith because "as you can see, once I was aware of it, I immediately contacted you and paid."

Now she's saying something like I should have paid back in '97. Then she goes on to say how it's illegal to delete items from my report, yadda yadda yadda..

She then told me if my dentist says that I don't owe the bill, it would be deleted.

I then thought of calling my dentist to see if he would be kind enough to call up "Kansas Counselors" and mention to them since I don't owe him any money, to tell the agency just that. Called his listing, turned out to be his home to which I was greatly embarrassed, but said it was not a problem. To which I was forwarded to his office, they closed during lunch time when I call, then I ran out of steam.

I gave up.

Well, enough about the silly little mess. It's only a $120. paid collection. Ack!
    :)